Thread: I think I want to become a cop

1. #1 I want to be a cop! 
    I've been looking at possible career paths for myself lately; checking what's out there for when my career in the Marine Corps is over. I think I've found my calling; becoming an Officer in the Pennsylvania State Police. Does anyone here have a family member or friend in the finest law enforcement agency in the "Keystone" State that I could ask questions to prepare me for this? Eventually I'd love to study hard and apply for my #1 Dream Job; FBI Field Agent investigating La Cosa Nostra; otherwise known as The Mafia or The Italian Mob. But yeah, I think I'm ready to start a new chapter in my life. Just wanted to see if any of my fellow Pennsylvania natives got any helpful words on the subject. Thanks! :D
    Last edited by marinejcksn; 03-08-2009 at 09:20 PM.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

No help here, but good luck anyway.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

No help here either, but keep an eye on JB after you are sworn in!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Thanks Almost! I really appreciate how much all the members here have stuck by me since I arrived, I consider you guys to be my "third family"(My Family is first, the Marine Corps second). Whether it was supporting me during the 34 weeks I spent in that Middle Eastern shithole known as "Iraq"; or the year I was here beforehand, you guys have been the BEST! :D

If you have the desire for law enforcement and the skills - apply right to the FBI. From what I understand from a friend who applied - they prefer people fresh out with a college degree.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    If you have the desire for law enforcement and the skills - apply right to the FBI. From what I understand from a friend who applied - they prefer people fresh out with a college degree.
    Thanks for the advice! I hope that with my personal backround and using the PA Police time-off and G.I. Bill, I'll be able to study at night, on weekends, whenever I have time until I'm schooled up. I desperately want to continue serving my country in the best way I know how; by being a State Trooper.... and hopefully joining the FBI. :D

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Thanks Almost! I really appreciate how much all the members here have stuck by me since I arrived, I consider you guys to be my "third family"(My Family is first, the Marine Corps second). Whether it was supporting me during the 34 weeks I spent in that Middle Eastern shithole known as "Iraq"; or the year I was here beforehand, you guys have been the BEST! :D
    Sir, you are mistaken. The guys and gals who put on the uniform everyday are the best. Bravo Zulu
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.