1. #1 ATOTD: Does anyone LOATHE Michael Steele? 
    Despite his "on-again/off-again" romance with El Rushbo (who I don't particularly CARE for), does anyone out there CARE for or LIKE Michael Steele? He seems like a light-weight bankbencher to me....what about you?
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Maybe I'm spoiled but most politicians seem like lightweights to me. I'll say this for Steele, he's intelligent, articulate, (oh shit I just insulted him), and a helluva lot more conservative than any Democrats I know of. He's from a very liberal state, Maryland. It amazes me that he's maintained the conservative values that he has. As a black man he can stand up and say that there is room in the Republican party for blacks without appearing like he is pandering. Blacks and Hispanics make up a sizable portion of the population. If the Republicans want Congress and the WH back, Republicans are going to have to get a larger portion of their vote. In normal times this would be my answer. But this isn't normal times.

I think this stimulus package has bought and paid for minority support for years too come. I don't think Steele or any anyone else will be able to put that genie back in the bottle. I don't think it would make any difference if it was Steele or David Duke up there. Like the lady said, if she supports Obama then he'll take care of her mortgage and gas. The real pisser is that we will be taxed up the ass and it will be those tax dollars that the Democrats use to stay in power.

I hope all the Republicans and conservative Democrats who stayed home on election day in 2006 appreciate the Congress they've given Obama.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

gator
    Since he is for the assault weapons ban and generally a leader of Liberals I started a thread a couple of weeks ago about Steele being a dickhead.

Many of the NeoCons on CU disagreed with me. One of them even said they could care less about Steele's support of the AWB.