Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1 75% Believe Constitution Guarantees Right To Own A Gun 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Seventy-five percent (75%) of Americans believe the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right of an average citizen to own a gun, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Just 14% say gun ownership is not a constitutional right. Eleven percent (11%) are not sure. Of those with a gun-owner in the household, 89% say the Constitution guarantees a citizen's right to own a gun. Sixty-four percent (64%) of those without a gun owner in the home agree. A whopping 92% of Republicans say the Constitution guarantees their right to own a gun, compared to 64% of Democrats and 71%...

    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...t_to_own_a_gun
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member FeebMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,008
    And 90% of those would be perfectly happy with a few more gun laws.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    TANSTAAFL. asdf2231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The greatest country on Earth.
    Posts
    2,619
    Because they have worked so well in the past to curb violence.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    67
    Now the Supreme Court agrees.

    Take that!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Member Radix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    83
    Evidence that the Left Agenda is a multi-generational conspiracy.

    I suppose that the respondents of this Poll were all asked first before responding if they had in fact ever even read the U.S. Constitution.
    These are not the good old days.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,666
    People's opinions on this issue change as they get older. When I was younger, I thought guns were the problem, and supported gun control. I came from a family that didn't have any, and my dad was a fisher, not a hunter. I grew up in an area with a low crime rate, and not that many people there owned guns, other than those who hunted.

    I'm still not a gun owner, myself, but I've learned that the legal gun owners are not the ones who are committing crimes, for the most part. I am for gun control in this sense-delusional schizophrenics like John Hinkley and Mark David Chapman need to be prevented from getting them. I don't think my cousin's ex husband should have kept his army weapons after he was discharged (he had whatever the automatic rifle was that was issued to soldiers during the Vietnam War, and used it to kill her pets and shoot up the house). I also support all law enforcement efforts to get the guns that are sold illegally. But I recognize that people have the right to defend themselves, and I also recognize that some people just like shooting at targets, the same way archers do.

    As far as my own self-defense goes, I have a Louisville Slugger under my bed, a double-bladed dagger in the nightstand, and a loud dog. If someone breaks in and wants to take my stuff, that's what insurance is for. I'm not going to fight someone over property. As I've never owned nor used a gun, I doubt it would be much use to me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Super Moderator BadCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    15,616
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    People's opinions on this issue change as they get older. When I was younger, I thought guns were the problem, and supported gun control. I came from a family that didn't have any, and my dad was a fisher, not a hunter. I grew up in an area with a low crime rate, and not that many people there owned guns, other than those who hunted.

    I'm still not a gun owner, myself, but I've learned that the legal gun owners are not the ones who are committing crimes, for the most part. I am for gun control in this sense-delusional schizophrenics like John Hinkley and Mark David Chapman need to be prevented from getting them. I don't think my cousin's ex husband should have kept his army weapons after he was discharged (he had whatever the automatic rifle was that was issued to soldiers during the Vietnam War, and used it to kill her pets and shoot up the house). I also support all law enforcement efforts to get the guns that are sold illegally. But I recognize that people have the right to defend themselves, and I also recognize that some people just like shooting at targets, the same way archers do.

    As far as my own self-defense goes, I have a Louisville Slugger under my bed, a double-bladed dagger in the nightstand, and a loud dog. If someone breaks in and wants to take my stuff, that's what insurance is for. I'm not going to fight someone over property. As I've never owned nor used a gun, I doubt it would be much use to me.
    I'm not going to "fight" over property either, I'm just going to blow a 6 inch wide hole in their chest with a shotgun.

    rm -rf obama*
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    People's opinions on this issue change as they get older. When I was younger, I thought guns were the problem, and supported gun control. I came from a family that didn't have any, and my dad was a fisher, not a hunter. I grew up in an area with a low crime rate, and not that many people there owned guns, other than those who hunted.
    I'm still not a gun owner, myself, but I've learned that the legal gun owners are not the ones who are .
    My wife and her best friend were the same way. Now my wife craps if I don't leave a handgun at home for her when I'm out of town. Her friend is coming along....she isn't all militant that all guns should be "banned" anymore, but I haven't convinced her to like them.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Seventy-five percent (75%) of Americans believe the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right of an average citizen to own a gun, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Just 14% say gun ownership is not a constitutional right. Eleven percent (11%) are not sure. Of those with a gun-owner in the household, 89% say the Constitution guarantees a citizen's right to own a gun. Sixty-four percent (64%) of those without a gun owner in the home agree. A whopping 92% of Republicans say the Constitution guarantees their right to own a gun, compared to 64% of Democrats and 71%...

    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...t_to_own_a_gun

    So in other words, 25% of the US population are complete ignoramuses. This surprises me - I thought the number of idiots would be higher.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member marinejcksn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Penn State
    Posts
    1,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    So in other words, 25% of the US population are complete ignoramuses. This surprises me - I thought the number of idiots would be higher.
    I was thinking along the same lines but a bit different; only 75% of people in this country believe something THAT IS THE FLIPPIN' 2ND AMENDMENT OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS???? It's not like the document is hard to read and understand either. Morons. :mad:
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •