Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 75% Believe Constitution Guarantees Right To Own A Gun 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Seventy-five percent (75%) of Americans believe the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right of an average citizen to own a gun, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Just 14% say gun ownership is not a constitutional right. Eleven percent (11%) are not sure. Of those with a gun-owner in the household, 89% say the Constitution guarantees a citizen's right to own a gun. Sixty-four percent (64%) of those without a gun owner in the home agree. A whopping 92% of Republicans say the Constitution guarantees their right to own a gun, compared to 64% of Democrats and 71%...

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...t_to_own_a_gun

And 90% of those would be perfectly happy with a few more gun laws.

Because they have worked so well in the past to curb violence.

Banned
    Now the Supreme Court agrees.

Take that!

Evidence that the Left Agenda is a multi-generational conspiracy.

I suppose that the respondents of this Poll were all asked first before responding if they had in fact ever even read the U.S. Constitution.
    These are not the good old days.

People's opinions on this issue change as they get older. When I was younger, I thought guns were the problem, and supported gun control. I came from a family that didn't have any, and my dad was a fisher, not a hunter. I grew up in an area with a low crime rate, and not that many people there owned guns, other than those who hunted.

I'm still not a gun owner, myself, but I've learned that the legal gun owners are not the ones who are committing crimes, for the most part. I am for gun control in this sense-delusional schizophrenics like John Hinkley and Mark David Chapman need to be prevented from getting them. I don't think my cousin's ex husband should have kept his army weapons after he was discharged (he had whatever the automatic rifle was that was issued to soldiers during the Vietnam War, and used it to kill her pets and shoot up the house). I also support all law enforcement efforts to get the guns that are sold illegally. But I recognize that people have the right to defend themselves, and I also recognize that some people just like shooting at targets, the same way archers do.

As far as my own self-defense goes, I have a Louisville Slugger under my bed, a double-bladed dagger in the nightstand, and a loud dog. If someone breaks in and wants to take my stuff, that's what insurance is for. I'm not going to fight someone over property. As I've never owned nor used a gun, I doubt it would be much use to me.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    People's opinions on this issue change as they get older. When I was younger, I thought guns were the problem, and supported gun control. I came from a family that didn't have any, and my dad was a fisher, not a hunter. I grew up in an area with a low crime rate, and not that many people there owned guns, other than those who hunted.

I'm still not a gun owner, myself, but I've learned that the legal gun owners are not the ones who are committing crimes, for the most part. I am for gun control in this sense-delusional schizophrenics like John Hinkley and Mark David Chapman need to be prevented from getting them. I don't think my cousin's ex husband should have kept his army weapons after he was discharged (he had whatever the automatic rifle was that was issued to soldiers during the Vietnam War, and used it to kill her pets and shoot up the house). I also support all law enforcement efforts to get the guns that are sold illegally. But I recognize that people have the right to defend themselves, and I also recognize that some people just like shooting at targets, the same way archers do.

As far as my own self-defense goes, I have a Louisville Slugger under my bed, a double-bladed dagger in the nightstand, and a loud dog. If someone breaks in and wants to take my stuff, that's what insurance is for. I'm not going to fight someone over property. As I've never owned nor used a gun, I doubt it would be much use to me.
    I'm not going to "fight" over property either, I'm just going to blow a 6 inch wide hole in their chest with a shotgun.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm still not a gun owner, myself, but I've learned that the legal gun owners are not the ones who are .
    My wife and her best friend were the same way. Now my wife craps if I don't leave a handgun at home for her when I'm out of town. Her friend is coming along....she isn't all militant that all guns should be "banned" anymore, but I haven't convinced her to like them.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Seventy-five percent (75%) of Americans believe the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right of an average citizen to own a gun, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Just 14% say gun ownership is not a constitutional right. Eleven percent (11%) are not sure. Of those with a gun-owner in the household, 89% say the Constitution guarantees a citizen's right to own a gun. Sixty-four percent (64%) of those without a gun owner in the home agree. A whopping 92% of Republicans say the Constitution guarantees their right to own a gun, compared to 64% of Democrats and 71%...

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...t_to_own_a_gun

So in other words, 25% of the US population are complete ignoramuses. This surprises me - I thought the number of idiots would be higher.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    So in other words, 25% of the US population are complete ignoramuses. This surprises me - I thought the number of idiots would be higher.
    I was thinking along the same lines but a bit different; only 75% of people in this country believe something THAT IS THE FLIPPIN' 2ND AMENDMENT OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS???? It's not like the document is hard to read and understand either. Morons. :mad:
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke