1. #1 Should the motto "In God We Trust" be removed from U.S. currency? 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Should the motto "In God We Trust" be removed from U.S. currency?

Will NBC be surprised??*
    Here's your chance to let the media know where the people stand on our faith in God, as a nation. NBC is presently taking a poll on "In God We Trust" to stay on our American currency. Please send this to every Christian you know so they can vote on this important subject. Please do it right away, before NBC takes this off their web page. Poll is still open so you can vote: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/ This is not sent for discussion. If you agree forward it, if you don't, delete it. By my forwarding it, you... snip
    .................................................. ..................
    poll results 03/09/2009 19:52 EST

Should the motto "In God We Trust" be removed from U.S. currency? * 12455989 responses
    Yes. It's a violation of the principle of separation of church and state.
    14%
    No. The motto has historical and patriotic significance and does nothing to establish a state religion.
    86%
    Not a scientific survey. Click to learn more. Results may not total 100% due to

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/

Banned
    The poll's wording is retarded. Why does a "No" have to have the addendum "Its an establishment of religion" etc. I don't really think its an establishment of religion but still believe it is a dumb thing to have on our money.. and as our second national slogan. Just imagine how all the polytheists in this country feel. :P
    Last edited by wilbur; 03-09-2009 at 08:14 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    The poll's wording is retarded. Why does a "No" have to have the addendum "Its an establishment of religion" etc. I don't really think its an establishment of religion but still believe it is a dumb thing to have on our money.. and as our second national slogan. Just imagine how all the polytheists in this country feel. :P
    Particularly those of us who worship Loki!! :D

regardless of how anyone feels about their religion...wouldn't the cost of changing every scrap of currency in circulation make this idea a little unwelcome until the economy at least starts looking like its going to turn up? Personally, I don't care what my money says, as long as its value is high enough so that i'm not using a wheel barrow of bills to buy bread.
    “The characteristic of genuine heroism is its persistency. All men have wandering impulses, fits and starts of generosity. But when you have resolved to be great, abide by yourself, and do not weakly try to reconcile yourself with the world. The heroic cannot be the common, nor the common the heroic.”
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Freedom is the natural yearning of the human sprit as we were endowed by our creator.
    Rush Limbaugh CPAC 09

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    The wording is not retarded; the poll is retarded. Too bad that 14% find the motto offensive.

This atheist voted no.

It's a tradition that I have no problem with.

Some courts still have people swear "so help you God" when taking an oath. I think that needs to stop. They don't have you put your hand on a Bible anymore, though.