1. #1 Biden: Afghan Situation 'Deteriorating' 
    The Taliban is testing Obama and he is failing.

Biden: Afghan Situation 'Deteriorating'

VP Says Situation A Security Threat To NATO Countries

POSTED: Tuesday, March 10, 2009
    UPDATED: 7:59 am EDT March 10, 2009

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said the "deteriorating situation" in Afghanistan poses a security threat to every NATO country and beyond.

Biden said Washington wants to work more closely with its European allies to remove the threat al-Qaida and the Taliban pose in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

He addressed NATO's top decision-making body, a panel of the alliance's 26 national ambassadors, on how to improve its security efforts in Afghanistan.

Biden warned Tuesday that "extremist allies are regenerating" in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and planning possible new attacks on the West.
    The whole article is here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

My first reaction is he is trying to scare other NATO countries out of Afghanistan. Is that what he is trying to do? And then when everyone else leaves, we could leave too without looking like we've run first. Is that what's happening? :eek:
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    My first reaction is he is trying to scare other NATO countries out of Afghanistan. Is that what he is trying to do? And then when everyone else leaves, we could leave too without looking like we've run first. Is that what's happening? :eek:
    It looks like he wants the world to believe that America as no ablity to finish a job. When the going gets tough the not so tough make excuses and then high tail it.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis