Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Drunken Coeds Not That Sexy. 
    Guys want girls to curb drinking
    Study says excessive intake found unappealing

Jennifer Harper (Contact)
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Associated Press - The American Medical Association has advised college campuses since 2006 to warn women about the hazards of spring break after surveying 644 young women to find that three-fourths of them "use drinking as an excuse for outrageous behavior."

The naughty cachet of "Girls Gone Wild" - inebriated coeds on spring break - lost its luster on Monday. That naughty cachet is a myth, essentially.

"When it comes to drinking, college men are not looking for the girl gone wild," said a new study from Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles.

That's not what the girls think, however. Most are under the impression that their male friends are more attracted to girls who have had a few, and then some.

"Our research suggests women believe men find excessive drinking sexually attractive and appealing, but it appears this is a giant misperception," said lead author Joseph LaBrie, an associate professor of psychology at the campus.

His study, based on a survey of 3,616 students at his own school and the University of Washington, found that 71 percent of the girls overestimated the amount of alcohol that the typical college man hoped his girlfriend or date would consume. More than a fourth - 26 percent - thought the menfolk wanted their female companions to consume five drinks or more.

That was not the case.

"Both estimates were nearly double what the men actually preferred," said the study, which was published in Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, an academic journal of the American Psychological Association.

The young women drank "in pursuit of intimate relationships and positive attention from their male peers," the research found. It recommended that college campuses and public health organizations develop distinctly "female-targeted interventions" to reverse the trend.

"There is a great, and risky, disconnect here between the sexes," said Mr. LaBrie. "While not all women may be drinking simply to get a guy´s attention, this study may help explain why more women are drinking at dangerous levels."

They're also drinking more.
    Interesting. I think a lot of this behavior is imitative. Women want to be considered "one of the boys" and so they take a stab at it. Sadly for them, being drunk will not miraculously cause a woman to really understand baseball statistics or the appeal of fart jokes.

Washington Times

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Interesting. I think a lot of this behavior is imitative. Women want to be considered "one of the boys" and so they take a stab at it. Sadly for them, being drunk will not miraculously cause a woman to really understand baseball statistics or the appeal of fart jokes.

Washington Times
    We don't talk about baseball statistics to pick up women. If they happen to wander over while we're discussing them, so be it. ;)

Power CUer
    I don't think guys necessarily think drunken coeds are a problem. The fact that they can quickly and unexpectedly become vomiting coeds is the problem.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I find drunk females to be very unappealing.
    Not crazy about drunk males either.

rm -rf obama*

LOL, but it does make you more attractive. That's what I've always liked about women drinking...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Power CUer
    At best, a temporary phenomenon. We have cocktail napkins with an inebriated fellow on them looking over his shoulder and thinking "She wants me...." The caption is: "Behold, The Power of Alcohol." :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

amatures. If your coed gets drunk - you're not moving fast enough. You have to be ready to pounce the moment her defense are low enough to get her panties off.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    amatures. If your coed gets drunk - you're not moving fast enough. You have to be ready to pounce the moment her defense are low enough to get her panties off.

Just a dirty old man aintcha ?

Where the hell is the angel smilie???

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

Just a dirty old man aintcha ?
    who me? Nah. I've just done it a few times is all . . . . How do you think I got my wife?? ;)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Drunken coeds keep the makers of the morning after pill in business.