Thread: For survivalists, the end is always nigh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    The trouble always come from people who think nothing bad will ever happen; they're the ones who will get people killed.
    Exactly. Notice how the enormous floods in the MidWest this past year weren't that big of a news story? There was incredible devistation but not much coverage. Neil Boortz covered this a while ago; it was a huge cultural difference from the N.O. area where Hurricane Katrina hit. People in the MidWest were better prepared, they helped each other out and it wasn't too bad. A lot of people in N.O. (as hard as this may be to hear, for some) were raised on a system of Government Dependence and when TSHTF they had no idea what to do.

Another point: You ever remember hearing about the Amish running to the Government for assistance in a catastrophe? Nope.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

I'm stocking up on weapons, ammo, weapons, a little more ammo and a few weapons.
    I like to shoot people with my CANON.

The advantage of parents from a 3rd world country is... they know how grow stuff. They know how to kill, clean and butcher livestock. They know some Alternative medicine. And they are more than happy to teach.

And all we need is a gun or two to go with the machetes lying around the house. I may not be able to lead a zombie hunting army, but I can be kind of important to one. :p

~QC

I like to shoot people with my CANON.