1. #1 Obama to Sign Spending Bill, Plans Earmark Reforms 
    Talk about some chutzpah... :mad:

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama plans to sign a massive spending bill to keep the federal government running, but he is cracking down on lawmakers' penchant for stuffing such legislation with billions of dollars in pet projects.

Obama could sign the $410 billion spending package as early as Wednesday, although he remains "troubled" by the so-called earmarks, funding for lawmakers' pet projects, in the bill that Republicans and moderate Democrats have eviscerated as unworthy wasteful spending. The president was to announce earmark reforms on Wednesday.

White House officials in recent weeks have dismissed criticism of the earmarks in the bill, saying the legislation was a remnant of last year and that the president planned to turn his attention to future spending instead of looking backward.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said Obama would not be the first president to sign legislation that he viewed as less than ideal. Asked whether Obama had second thoughts about signing the bill, Gibbs' reply was curt: "No."

"This is necessary to continue funding government," Gibbs said. "It represents last year's business. Although it's not perfect, the president will sign the legislation, but demonstrate for all involved rules moving forward that he thinks can make this process work a little bit better."

It's that process that administration official planned to focus on Wednesday, not a bill signing that might take place in private. Aides said the administration would move to introduce new "rules of the road" that could allow Obama greater sway over lawmakers, particularly on politically embarrassing spending that generated mockery from pundits and rival politicians.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs...rmark-reforms/

The balls that man has to sign this massive nob slobbering bill of earmarks (with some of his own in there), and then wag his fingers at Congress and tell them their bad for it.

I'm not sure whats worse about this. The fact that he thinks he can fool people with this act, or the fact that HE IS FOOLING PEOPLE WITH THIS ACT!!! :mad:

That whole thing reeks of "I promise to stop drinking dear, right after this drink"

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Talk about some chutzpah... :mad:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs...rmark-reforms/

The balls that man has to sign this massive nob slobbering bill of earmarks (with some of his own in there), and then wag his fingers at Congress and tell them their bad for it.

I'm not sure whats worse about this. The fact that he thinks he can fool people with this act, or the fact that HE IS FOOLING PEOPLE WITH THIS ACT!!! :mad:
    He's getting to where he 'don't give a damn 'if you like it or not there is nothing you can do about it !
    In your face BullCrap lies are what you'll get from now on .