Thread: Ala. gunman `cleaned his family out' in rampage

1. #1 Ala. gunman `cleaned his family out' in rampage 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!

Ala. gunman `cleaned his family out' in rampage
    By JESSICA GRESKO and DESIREE HUNTER – 31 minutes ago

SAMSON, Ala. (AP) — Authorities were working Wednesday to learn why a gunman set off on a rampage, killing 10 people across two rural Alabama counties. Grieving residents feared the answers could have been lost when he ended the terror by killing himself.

The shooting was believed to be the worst mass killing by a single gunman in Alabama's history. The gunman's mother, four other relatives and the wife and child of a local sheriff's deputy were among the dead.

"He cleaned his family out," Coffee County Coroner Robert Preachers said. "We don't know what triggered it."

The shootings happened Tuesday afternoon in a mostly rural area near the Florida border, and were believed to be the work of Michael McLendon, a man in his 20s who lived with his mother and once worked at a local metal plant.

The spree began around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday when McLendon burned down his mother's house in Kinston. Coffee County Sheriff Dave Sutton said McClendon put his mother, Lisa McLendon, on an L-shaped couch, pilled stuff on top of her and set her afire. He said McClendon also shot four dogs at the house.

Then, McLendon drove a dozen miles southeast to Samson, in Geneva County, where he opened fire at a relative's porch, killing three relatives and two others before shooting another relative next door. After, he drove around the town shooting out his car window, killing three more people seemingly at random, authorities said.

One woman was struck down as she walked out of a gas station. Another man was hit while driving. A man was shot in the back as he tried to run away.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...X_oqAD96RSO680
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 03-11-2009 at 10:14 AM.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Any word on the type weapon used?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Power CUer
    I don't think this was meant as an article for hobbyists.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

The world has lost it's mind. We had the minister being killed, then this guy and now they are saying some kid in Germany has lost it and killed a bunch of people...

My sig seems truer every day.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    So does mine.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I am curious about what set him off, if there is any kind of event that did. Or, if he had some kind of underlying condition, like an undiagnosed brain tumor or encephalitis or something. Or, as is most likely, some kind of combination of social and organic conditions.

I'm thinking Watchmen (the comic, haven't seen the movie yet) where a guy snaps under all the bad news of coming war and kills his kids and himself instead of going through it. Just a knee jerk reaction though. My heart goes out to the remaining family and the community.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Too bad the scum bag didn't shoot himself before the rampage.
    I like to shoot people with my CANON.