1. #1 "General Obama Fails the Test ",Ex-Petraeus top aide balks at Obama plan 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Ex-Petraeus top aide balks at Obama plan

A former top aide to Gen. David Petraeus criticized President Barack Obama's decision to remove combat troops from Iraq within 19 months, saying he "assumed more risk than he should have" in order to fulfill a campaign promise. Peter Mansoor, who served as executive officer to Petraeus during his time in Iraq, contended in a visit to Manhattan that the military's own 36-month timetable for a drawdown was "much less risky." That's because it would have left heavy U.S. forces in Iraq through the upcoming Iraqi elections and the subsequent jockeying for positions in the national government. By ordering a...snip

By ordering a faster pullout, Obama "has created a new perception in the minds of the Iraqi people" that the U.S. is cutting ties, and that Iraqi politicians in the elections will "begin posturing themselves for the day after" the U.S. troops leave.

http://www.themercury.com/news/artic...5e2a7a12da61ac

Obama has proven time and again that he is a total idiot.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Obama has proven time and again that he is a total idiot.
    Don't underestimate him. If he keeps troops in Iraq, he has to fund us. If he claims that the war is over and pulls out, he can cut defense spending. If things go to hell after the pullout, he will blame it on Bush for going in the first place.

I've come to the conclusion that his policies are so inept, so contrary to American interests and so bizarre that they only make sense if we assume that he's really trying to tear down the country.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Don't underestimate him. If he keeps troops in Iraq, he has to fund us. If he claims that the war is over and pulls out, he can cut defense spending. If things go to hell after the pullout, he will blame it on Bush for going in the first place.

I've come to the conclusion that his policies are so inept, so contrary to American interests and so bizarre that they only make sense if we assume that he's really trying to tear down the country.
    That has become painfully obvious of late,...George Soros ?

I have several friends who've been my friends for almost 40 years. A couple are very liberal. They live in Boulder; I think it's the water. A couple others are moderate liberals. This is no exaggeration. When the subject of Obama's policies comes up, even the very liberals act like children who were caught with their hand in the cookie jar; guilty and embarrassed.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    I have several friends who've been my friends for almost 40 years. A couple are very liberal. They live in Boulder; I think it's the water. A couple others are moderate liberals. This is no exaggeration. When the subject of Obama's policies comes up, even the very liberals act like children who were caught with their hand in the cookie jar; guilty and embarrassed.
    I'll say this for Obama, he's done something that I didn't think was possible. I never thought that anyone would make the Clinton administration look ethical and competent by comparison.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I'll say this for Obama, he's done something that I didn't think was possible. I never thought that anyone would make the Clinton administration look ethical and competent by comparison.
    And making old 'slick' look good ain't that easy !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    And making old 'slick' look good ain't that easy !
    When it's Carter looking good it will be too late for us and I'm fairly certain it will happen. :mad:
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.