1. #1 Comic faces human rights hearing in B.C. after lesbian jokes 
    David Wylie, Canwest News Service
    Published: Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Canadian stand-up comedian will face a human rights tribunal hearing after a woman complained she and her friends faced a "tirade of homophobic and sexist comments" while attending one of his shows.

In a decision released this week, the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal ruled there is enough evidence to hear the case of Vancouver woman Lorna Pardy against Toronto comedian Guy Earle. Zesty's Restaurant in Vancouver, where the May 22, 2007, show took place, was also named in the complaint. The restaurant has since closed.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...b-7a075a3766e2

More lunacy from up north.

Coming to a courtroom near you soon!

Nobody is a humorless as a lesbian. :mad:

Vepr
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Coming to a courtroom near you soon!

Nobody is a humorless as a lesbian. :mad:
    Not true for all of them but it is fairly accurate for most of the ones I have come in contact with. They seem to think having a sense of humor is somehow not "macho".

Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    Not true for all of them but it is fairly accurate for most of the ones I have come in contact with. They seem to think having a sense of humor is somehow not "macho".
    My sister has a great sense of humor, especially about herself. But then, she's Scandinavian, so that comes with the territory. We always have a sense of humor about ourselves. You know who tells the most Scandinavian jokes? Scandinavians, of course.

Power CUer
    Here's a good one from Brett Butler: "My family is Irish and Swedish. We're all alcoholics, but we're real quiet about it."