Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 "Use Murdered Children to Make up Shortage in Adult Transplant Organs " 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Use Aborted Children to Make up Shortfall of Transplant Organs: Oxford Stem Cell Expert

- An Oxford University stem cell expert has urged the use of aborted children in organ transplants as a solution to the shortage of available organs. Sir Richard Gardner has called for a feasibility study on the possibility of obtaining organs from the bodies of aborted babies.He said, "It is probably a more realistic technique in dealing with the shortage of kidney donors than others."The Daily Mail reports that pro-life and Christian groups have called the proposal "morally abhorrent," and said it will result in abortions being timed to suit transplant patients. Dr Peter...

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2009/mar/09031205.html

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Use Aborted Children to Make up Shortfall of Transplant Organs: Oxford Stem Cell Expert

- An Oxford University stem cell expert has urged the use of aborted children in organ transplants as a solution to the shortage of available organs. Sir Richard Gardner has called for a feasibility study on the possibility of obtaining organs from the bodies of aborted babies.He said, "It is probably a more realistic technique in dealing with the shortage of kidney donors than others."The Daily Mail reports that pro-life and Christian groups have called the proposal "morally abhorrent," and said it will result in abortions being timed to suit transplant patients. Dr Peter...

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2009/mar/09031205.html
    The pro-abortion crowd should be happy. Another reason to murder pre-people.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    When I first read of China's killing Falun Gong prisoners for their replacement organ program my first reaction was one of horror.

Butchering a human beings,prisoner or free, just to make a profit by any government is an abomination .
    But the aborting an innocent and selling their organs will surely draw the wrath of GOD and America is Justifiably doomed if we allow/follow this policy .

Falun Gong in China:
    Since 1999, reports of torture, illegal imprisonment, beatings, forced labor, and psychiatric abuses have been widespread. 66% of all reported torture cases in China concern Falun Gong practitioners, who are also estimated to comprise at least half of China's labor camp population, according to the UN Special Rapporteur on torture, Manfred Nowak, and the US Department of State respectively. In 2006, human rights lawyer David Matas and ex-Canadian secretary of state David Kilgour published an investigative report concluding that a large number of Falun Gong practitioners have become victims of systematic organ harvesting in China and that the practice is still ongoing
    Last edited by megimoo; 03-12-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    When I first read of China's killing Falun Gong prisoners for their replacement organ program my first reaction was one of horror.

Butchering a human being,prisoner or free, just to make a profit by any government is an abomination .
    But the aborting an innocent and selling their organs will surely draw the wrath of GOD and America is Justifiably doomed if we allow/follow this policy .

Falun Gong in China:
    Since 1999, reports of torture,[14] illegal imprisonment,[15] beatings, forced labor, and psychiatric abuses have been widespread. 66% of all reported torture cases in China concern Falun Gong practitioners, who are also estimated to comprise at least half of China's labor camp population, according to the UN Special Rapporteur on torture, Manfred Nowak, and the US Department of State respectively.[16][17][18] In 2006, human rights lawyer David Matas and ex-Canadian secretary of state David Kilgour published an investigative report concluding that a large number of Falun Gong practitioners have become victims of systematic organ harvesting in China and that the practice is still ongoing[/SIZE]
    This is what happens when morality is openly disregarded by a government and removed from the decision making process.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Murder is not their goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    But that is the end result...

C. S. Lewis

Then what is their goal? Turning out children into a cattle?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Then what is their goal? Turning out children into a cattle?
    Whether one personally is pro-life or thinks the baby isn't a person yet, people who believe abortion should be legal typically believe in not creating a situation where women feel trapped. No situations where one gets themselves butchered. No situations where somebody tells their abusive husband their pregnant, and then spend the next so many months getting an increase of beatings because the husband thinks she cheated. Even in states that have parental consent laws, a minor can typically go before a judge and argue it's not safe to tell their parents about the pregnancy. If the judge buys it, they can go through with the abortion in some cases. Then you got the poor. These people often go without healthcare. Their only chance to a point is to get out of poverty. A pregnancy can hurt all those chances.

I'm not going to say in this thread that abortion should be legal, but I am going to say that if you want any chance at all of defeating the pro-choice side, you need to know them. This stuff being told on anti-abortion websites is often not an accurate portrayal of pro-choicers. They "pro-life" movement has a tactic of trying to demonize the other side as being non-human. That's convincing for those who don't know the other side. For those who do know the other side, it's bullshit. You want to stop abortion from being legal? Start addressing the issues that led out to it.
    Want to actually stop abortion? (Notice I label that as different from having a law against it). Do something about the traps women are finding themselves in so they don't want an abortion as often. Do something about poverty. Do something about domestic violence. Do something about it. Don't just condemn women. Do something.

Whether one personally is pro-life or thinks the baby isn't a person yet, people who believe abortion should be legal typically believe in not creating a situation where women feel trapped.
    Are you then excusing the womans roll and the roll of her own choices in coming to these "situations" where they feel trapped? It's hard to believe that they got trapped without some heavy complicity in the process.
    No situations where one gets themselves butchered.
    splain.
    No situations where somebody tells their abusive husband their pregnant, and then spend the next so many months getting an increase of beatings because the husband thinks she cheated.
    Should have thunk twice before marrying the bastard shouldn't she.
    Even in states that have parental consent laws, a minor can typically go before a judge and argue it's not safe to tell their parents about the pregnancy. If the judge buys it, they can go through with the abortion in some cases.
    Then they shouldn't be doing things that are going to get them pregnant.
    Then you got the poor. These people often go without healthcare. Their only chance to a point is to get out of poverty. A pregnancy can hurt all those chances.
    There is a clear and easy path out of poverty. I know. It's through hard work, education, and self control. Don't blame me or society because you or someone else falls short. And the only way that people are going to develope those three things is if they can see the value and the consequences of their choices.
    I'm not going to say in this thread that abortion should be legal, but I am going to say that if you want any chance at all of defeating the pro-choice side, you need to know them.
    I know the pro-abortion side through and through. I have a left wing feminazi for a mother. There is a reason why politics and abortion are banned topics at our family gatherings . . . .
    This stuff being told on anti-abortion websites is often not an accurate portrayal of pro-choicers.
    Specifically?

They "pro-life" movement has a tactic of trying to demonize the other side as being non-human.
    BULLSHIT. Calling abortion inhuman is not demonizing the otherside as inhuman.

That's convincing for those who don't know the other side. For those who do know the other side, it's bullshit. You want to stop abortion from being legal? Start addressing the issues that led out to it.
    Already do.

Want to actually stop abortion? (Notice I label that as different from having a law against it). Do something about the traps women are finding themselves in so they don't want an abortion as often. Do something about poverty. Do something about domestic violence. Do something about it.
    There are crisis pregnancy centers all over. I know. I help to support one financially myself. Trouble is - people don't want help. They want the easy way out. THAT's the key here. Not that there isn't help - that there isn't support - but that people want things to be easy and they want to be able to avoid and deny responsibility for their choices.

Don't just condemn women. Do something.
    Who has condemned women? You people on the left need to learn the difference between condemning someones choices and condemning the person.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Whether one personally is pro-life or thinks the baby isn't a person yet, people who believe abortion should be legal typically believe in not creating a situation where women feel trapped. No situations where one gets themselves butchered. No situations where somebody tells their abusive husband their pregnant, and then spend the next so many months getting an increase of beatings because the husband thinks she cheated. Even in states that have parental consent laws, a minor can typically go before a judge and argue it's not safe to tell their parents about the pregnancy. If the judge buys it, they can go through with the abortion in some cases. Then you got the poor. These people often go without healthcare. Their only chance to a point is to get out of poverty. A pregnancy can hurt all those chances.

I'm not going to say in this thread that abortion should be legal, but I am going to say that if you want any chance at all of defeating the pro-choice side, you need to know them. This stuff being told on anti-abortion websites is often not an accurate portrayal of pro-choicers. They "pro-life" movement has a tactic of trying to demonize the other side as being non-human. That's convincing for those who don't know the other side. For those who do know the other side, it's bullshit. You want to stop abortion from being legal? Start addressing the issues that led out to it.
    Want to actually stop abortion? (Notice I label that as different from having a law against it). Do something about the traps women are finding themselves in so they don't want an abortion as often. Do something about poverty. Do something about domestic violence. Do something about it. Don't just condemn women. Do something.
    I hope you realize that your entire position is bogus. There was not one issue in your post that would make murdering a child acceptable after birth, so why would it make it acceptable before birth? Speaking as one who has "been there, done that," I can guarantee that murdering the baby is NEVER the correct answer.

Aside from that, the pro-life crowd does far more than the pro-death crowd to save both babies and mothers. Everything from Pregnancy Resource Centers that help from the test to long after the birth, shelters for women (and children) escaping domestic violence, food pantries, etc. etc. IN ADDITION to the the taxes paid by pro-life people. If libs put their money where their mouths instead of just expecting "the rich" to cover the bills, far more could be done to reduce the excuses used for murder.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.