Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    The pro-abortion crowd should be happy. Another reason to murder pre-people.
    Murder is not their goal.

I've been for stem cell research because they're just cells. Heck, it still has the ability to turn into twins, tripilets, etc. It can't be an individual, and if it was, we need to outlaw hormonal birth control.

But something about using actual aborted fetuses bothers me. Miscarried fetuses might not be so bad if the parents give permission, but something about purposely terminating the pregnancy and then using it makes me think of it as saying their life isn't worth anything. I wouldn't have said that years ago. I'm getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    But that is the end result...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Then what is their goal? Turning out children into a cattle?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I've been for stem cell research because they're just cells. Heck, it still has the ability to turn into twins, tripilets, etc. It can't be an individual, and if it was, we need to outlaw hormonal birth control.

But something about using actual aborted fetuses bothers me. Miscarried fetuses might not be so bad if the parents give permission, but something about purposely terminating the pregnancy and then using it makes me think of it as saying their life isn't worth anything. I wouldn't have said that years ago. I'm getting old.
    Trouble is - all of the BEST work has been done using ADULT stem cells. But adult stem cells don't help further the cause of abortion so - the press is relatively silent on the issue. :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Then what is their goal? Turning out children into a cattle?
    Whether one personally is pro-life or thinks the baby isn't a person yet, people who believe abortion should be legal typically believe in not creating a situation where women feel trapped. No situations where one gets themselves butchered. No situations where somebody tells their abusive husband their pregnant, and then spend the next so many months getting an increase of beatings because the husband thinks she cheated. Even in states that have parental consent laws, a minor can typically go before a judge and argue it's not safe to tell their parents about the pregnancy. If the judge buys it, they can go through with the abortion in some cases. Then you got the poor. These people often go without healthcare. Their only chance to a point is to get out of poverty. A pregnancy can hurt all those chances.

I'm not going to say in this thread that abortion should be legal, but I am going to say that if you want any chance at all of defeating the pro-choice side, you need to know them. This stuff being told on anti-abortion websites is often not an accurate portrayal of pro-choicers. They "pro-life" movement has a tactic of trying to demonize the other side as being non-human. That's convincing for those who don't know the other side. For those who do know the other side, it's bullshit. You want to stop abortion from being legal? Start addressing the issues that led out to it.
    Want to actually stop abortion? (Notice I label that as different from having a law against it). Do something about the traps women are finding themselves in so they don't want an abortion as often. Do something about poverty. Do something about domestic violence. Do something about it. Don't just condemn women. Do something.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Trouble is - all of the BEST work has been done using ADULT stem cells. But adult stem cells don't help further the cause of abortion so - the press is relatively silent on the issue. :mad:
    I haven't seen any real evidence of that, but I don't have a problem using adult stem cells.

Do something about the traps women are finding themselves in so they don't want an abortion as often. Do something about poverty. Do something about domestic violence. Do something about it. Don't just condemn women. Do something.
    Poverty? Instead of having sex try to get a job. It may often be very difficult, but jobs are out there.
    Domestic violence? Get a divorce or report your husband to the police.
    If the woman doesn't want a pregnancy, she can decline to have sex. The woman will have no need to have an abortion if she abstains from sex. Having sex wont rid her of her domestic violence or poverty.
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."
    -Ronald Reagan

Life is a story; if you stay on the same page forever you will never finish it.
    "There are days you are the pigeon and days you are the statue."

I haven't seen any real evidence of that, but I don't have a problem using adult stem cells.
    http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.co...stem_cell.html you might want to read more then.

Whether one personally is pro-life or thinks the baby isn't a person yet, people who believe abortion should be legal typically believe in not creating a situation where women feel trapped.
    Are you then excusing the womans roll and the roll of her own choices in coming to these "situations" where they feel trapped? It's hard to believe that they got trapped without some heavy complicity in the process.
    No situations where one gets themselves butchered.
    splain.
    No situations where somebody tells their abusive husband their pregnant, and then spend the next so many months getting an increase of beatings because the husband thinks she cheated.
    Should have thunk twice before marrying the bastard shouldn't she.
    Even in states that have parental consent laws, a minor can typically go before a judge and argue it's not safe to tell their parents about the pregnancy. If the judge buys it, they can go through with the abortion in some cases.
    Then they shouldn't be doing things that are going to get them pregnant.
    Then you got the poor. These people often go without healthcare. Their only chance to a point is to get out of poverty. A pregnancy can hurt all those chances.
    There is a clear and easy path out of poverty. I know. It's through hard work, education, and self control. Don't blame me or society because you or someone else falls short. And the only way that people are going to develope those three things is if they can see the value and the consequences of their choices.
    I'm not going to say in this thread that abortion should be legal, but I am going to say that if you want any chance at all of defeating the pro-choice side, you need to know them.
    I know the pro-abortion side through and through. I have a left wing feminazi for a mother. There is a reason why politics and abortion are banned topics at our family gatherings . . . .
    This stuff being told on anti-abortion websites is often not an accurate portrayal of pro-choicers.
    Specifically?

They "pro-life" movement has a tactic of trying to demonize the other side as being non-human.
    BULLSHIT. Calling abortion inhuman is not demonizing the otherside as inhuman.

That's convincing for those who don't know the other side. For those who do know the other side, it's bullshit. You want to stop abortion from being legal? Start addressing the issues that led out to it.
    Already do.

Want to actually stop abortion? (Notice I label that as different from having a law against it). Do something about the traps women are finding themselves in so they don't want an abortion as often. Do something about poverty. Do something about domestic violence. Do something about it.
    There are crisis pregnancy centers all over. I know. I help to support one financially myself. Trouble is - people don't want help. They want the easy way out. THAT's the key here. Not that there isn't help - that there isn't support - but that people want things to be easy and they want to be able to avoid and deny responsibility for their choices.

Don't just condemn women. Do something.
    Who has condemned women? You people on the left need to learn the difference between condemning someones choices and condemning the person.