Hybrid View

1. #1 Cheer up. We're winning this War on Terror 
    And yet the evidence is now overwhelming that on all fronts, despite inevitable losses from time to time, it is we who are advancing and the enemy who is in retreat. The current mood on both sides of the Atlantic, in fact, represents a kind of curious inversion of the great French soldier's dictum: “Success against the Taleban. Enemy giving way in Iraq. Al-Qaeda on the run. Situation dire. Let's retreat!”

Since it is remarkable how pervasive this pessimism is, it's worth recapping what has been achieved in the past few years.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle4221376.ece

Obama=Petain

Vepr
    Sounds like what happened after Tet. We stomped a hole in the enemy and it was called a disaster.

That being said I am still not sure Iraq is worth the cost in lives, resources and capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    That being said I am still not sure Iraq is worth the cost in lives, resources and capital.
    If you hold Halliburton stock or its derivatives - It’s a stunning success. ;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)