Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The BSG Theory Thread 
    So, I've been trying to figure out where this is all going. I have some ideas, not that they all tie together or anything.

First, if anyone here remembers the original 70's series towards the end they had this super race of aliens that were technologically way ahead of the Cylons and Humans. They were "gods" sort of. They flew in at the end of the series in ships that looked like massive cities.

I suspect they might do something similar here, these will be the gods we've heard about the entire series. I can't help but think this will ultimately have some sort of religious conclusion given the importance of religion in the show. But their gods will be nothing more than Q's if you will (from Star Trek).

Since the Galactica is heading for a final showdown with the Cylons, I suspect these beings will intervene before they destroy each other.

I also get the feeling that Humans and Cylons are more closely tied that we're lead to believe. Remember back in the early seasons they had the "Cylon detector" but it wasn't very reliable? They couldn't really tell the difference between Cylons and Humans? Why is that? Perhaps because we're really one in the same?

The constant history of war between classes of Cylons leads me to believe there are two groups. The Humans are Cylons too, but they don't want to resurrect. They want to be mortal. Then you have the other group that wants to keep their ability to resurrect. There might be some other reason they are always at war... but there always seem to be two different groups in the Cylon camp.

What are some of your theories?

I'm curious what the whole music thing is about.
    I like to shoot people with my CANON.

Banned
    I thought the whole point of the show was to find Earth? now the nuked it. I was hoping they find Earth with humans in charge strong enough to take on the cylons but NNOOOOO they had to pull this shit :mad:

Dude - humans and cylons cannot be the same. Remember - a cylons spine lights up when they have sex - and as we all know a humans does not. :p
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I am pretty good at guessing plot twists and seeing whats coming.

We were watching The Sixth Sense and ten minutes in I blurted out "Holy shit he's DEAD!" for which my wife might just forgive me in another 20 years.

That being said I have NO fracking clue where they are going or how this ends.

The Cylon "Colony" looked like a huge space station and I was wondering if Adama was going to take the Old Girl on a suicide run and take it out weakening the cylons to the point where the fleet and what's left of the human race have some breathing space.

But I am totally at a loss and kind of enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    I am pretty good at guessing plot twists and seeing whats coming.

We were watching The Sixth Sense and ten minutes in I blurted out "Holy shit he's DEAD!" for which my wife might just forgive me in another 20 years.

That being said I have NO fracking clue where they are going or how this ends.

The Cylon "Colony" looked like a huge space station and I was wondering if Adama was going to take the Old Girl on a suicide run and take it out weakening the cylons to the point where the fleet and what's left of the human race have some breathing space.

But I am totally at a loss and kind of enjoying it.
    I can't believe it's going to end next Friday. We get 2 more hours... if they leave it unresolved and we have to wait a year or more for a movie to finish it up, I'm burning my DVR.
    I like to shoot people with my CANON.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    First, if anyone here remembers the original 70's series towards the end they had this super race of aliens that were technologically way ahead of the Cylons and Humans. They were "gods" sort of. They flew in at the end of the series in ships that looked like massive cities.
    Yeah, I was wondering about that too since we still don't know how StarBuck got "reborn" or ended up with a spanking new Viper with AAA directions to Earth. :D

And I'm with ASDF on the Colony/BattleStar. They rescue the kid and then RAM it.

I just don't see how they are gonna wrap this whole thing up in 2 hours....

There is something on BSG Monday night too if I remember but if it interferes for 24....
    :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Banned
    WTH is up with these cylons that look like humans? who made them and why is their child so important? are the better then normal humans? Inquiring minds need to know :D

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Dude - humans and cylons cannot be the same. Remember - a cylons spine lights up when they have sex - and as we all know a humans does not. :p
    You must not be doing it right...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering about that too since we still don't know how StarBuck got "reborn" or ended up with a spanking new Viper with AAA directions to Earth. :D

And I'm with ASDF on the Colony/BattleStar. They rescue the kid and then RAM it.

I just don't see how they are gonna wrap this whole thing up in 2 hours....

There is something on BSG Monday night too if I remember but if it interferes for 24....
    Here's the scoop...

Just as the Galactica rams into the Colony, killing everyone, Apollo wakes up in his house in Caprica City, and we discover it's all just been a dream. Oh, and he's shacking up with Helo.

Glad to help.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    You must not be doing it right...
    oooohhhh that was cheap! Dirty! mean! I'll give you 3 points. :p
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.