Thread: Kings 2009

1. #1 Kings 2009 
    Did anyone watch it? I did. It was pretty good, and quite engrossing. For those who do not know:

Kings is a TV series with lots of drama and intrigue loosely based on the story of David as found in the Bible. Don't expect a fully faithful retelling, but so far they have mastered the basic feel of the story. :)

It's up on hulu if anyone wants to see it. I saw parts of it last night and enjoyed it.

Anyone else. . . thoughts?

~QC

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    Did anyone watch it? I did. It was pretty good, and quite engrossing. For those who do not know:

Kings is a TV series with lots of drama and intrigue loosely based on the story of David as found in the Bible. Don't expect a fully faithful retelling, but so far they have mastered the basic feel of the story. :)

It's up on hulu if anyone wants to see it. I saw parts of it last night and enjoyed it.

Anyone else. . . thoughts?

~QC
    I watched it. I found it very interesting all though I wasn't happy with the seemingly change in the relationship between the Silas' son and David. In the biblical story Saul's son Jonathan was very close to David, almost brothers and in the TV show it seems they are going to make them adversaries. Still the show was engaging and dramatic. I liked it.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I watched it. I found it very interesting all though I wasn't happy with the seemingly change in the relationship between the Silas' son and David. In the biblical story Saul's son Jonathan was very close to David, almost brothers and in the TV show it seems they are going to make them adversaries. Still the show was engaging and dramatic. I liked it.
    I'm hoping it's a character arc thing w/o the HoYay . I don't care if you gay everything else up, but once you gay up my biblical characters, we goin' ta war.

~QC

I watched part of Battles BC about David on my lunch break today (I recorded it last night). That's about as close to watching this miniseries as I'll get. I'm scared to touch anything on NBC that is remotely based on the Bible.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

That is also understood , ever since I saw that film they pretended was Noah's Ark.

~QC

Banned
    Great start to what could be an interesting series... Very well written--I like the longer speeches, very bold for a network TV show.

Let's see where it goes...I mean, we sort of know where it's going, but if they can make the source material relevant and engaging, they'll have a hit.