Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Friday Night! The Official Night Thread. 
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I've had an extremely bad week. I"m stuck driving for The Brat tomorrow. Amuse me, people.:D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

I just noticed that the last three replies in The Lounge were from me. It really is all about me...or I'm pathetic.:p

Y'all are going to be without me for like an entire day! I want amusement, dammit..and I want it now! (I also don't want to be the last poster in 3 threads. Help me :o)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Y'all are going to be without me for like an entire day! I want amusement, dammit..and I want it now! (I also don't want to be the last poster in 3 threads. Help me :o)
    Have some soup .Just about as old midwest as they get !

Albondigas(Mexican meatballs) soup or with chili gravy
    Albondigas (Meatballs)
    Although albondigas (Mexican meatballs) are usually served in soup, they make a nice appetizer or main dish , too.

* 1-1/2 pounds ground pork
    * 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
    * 2 large or 3 small garlic cloves, minced or put through a garlic press
    * 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped
    * 1/2 tsp ground coriander or coriander seed, toasted and ground
    * 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
    * 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled
    * 1 tablespoon chili powder
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * 2 tablespoons Masa Harina
    * 1 large egg
    * 2 quarts chicken broth or 2 cups Chili Gravy

Combine the ground pork with the onion, garlic, chiles, coriander, pepper, oregano, chili powder and salt, mixing well. Beat the Masa Harina into the egg until well incorporated. Then pour egg mixture over meat mixture and combine well.

For soup:
    Form the meat mixture into 1-inch balls. Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a dutch oven or stockpot. Gently lower the meatballs into the broth and bring to a simmer. and add:
    1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
    1 tsp. cumin or 1/2 tsp. cumin seed
    1/2 tsp. oregano
    1/2 tsp. basil
    3 sliced carrots
    1/2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
    1 green pepper, sliced diagonally
    1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes, chopped with juice Simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Garnish individual servings with chopped fresh cilantro.

For an appetizer or main dish:
    Form the meat mixture into 2-inch balls. In a large skillet, fry the meatballs in 2 tablespoons corn oil, turning until browned on all sides. Remove meatballs from skillet and drain on paper towels. Drain grease from skillet. Return meatballs to skillet, add chili gravy, and simmer briefly until heated through.

Chili Gravy
    This chili gravy is indispensable for enchiladas, tamales, and a host of other Tex-Mex dishes.

* 3 tablespoons melted shortening or lard
    * 1 medium onion, finely chopped
    * 1 large garlic clove, minced or put through a garlic press
    * 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
    * 1/4 cup good chili powder (preferably Gebhardt’s or your own homemade)
    * 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    * 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, preferably Mexican
    * 2 cups beef stock
    * 2 cups water
    * 1 tablespoon Masa Harina
    * salt to taste

Over medium heat, sauté the onion and garlic in the oil until the onion is softened, but not browned. Stir in the bacon drippings, chili powder, cumin, oregano; then gradually add the beef stock and water, stirring well.

Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes until mixture is slightly reduced and thickened. Mix the Masa Harina with a few tablespoons of water or the gravy, itself, and stir back into the gravy. Simmer for 10 minutes more. Taste the gravy and add salt only if you think it necessary.

Makes about 4 cups.

Note: A word about chili powder: The most-recommended chili powder in Texas is Gebhardt’s, and for good reason. Also, if you make your own chili powder and can get your hands on some dried chiles pasillas, make some pure ground pasillas, and you’ll have an extraordinary powder for Tex-Mex enchiladas. However, if neither is accessible to you, you can still make perfectly acceptable and delicious Tex-Mex enchiladas with McCormick’s or Durkee’s chili powder, or whatever it is that your store carries. If you know nothing whatsoever of chili powder or chiles, then my instructions to you are very simple: Buy a product called “chili powder” — not cayenne, not crushed red pepper, not ground red pepper

You're talking to yourself, Shannon. Knock it off. :p

and I went shopping today and then I beat the shit out of Jen and then I...

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    You really are even sadder than I thought... 3 posts in your own thread, followed by a recipe. Jayslijk!!!

While you're at Circuit City or EggHead or wherever it is you little people buy your consumer things, buy the GPS I told you to get, and also get yourself a laptop, and a G3/GPRS receiver, and then, you will truly be good to go.

Plug the G3 into the laptop, wait until the pretty flashing lights turn blue, then dictate to the brat whatever it is you wish to impart to us on CU, have him type it in ,and it will be so....even from a moving car !!!

You can even get voice recognition software for the outbound trip.

The comms charges will cost you a fortune, but CU is worth whatever you'll pay.

Technology is a wonderful thing. You can thank me later for these awesome tips. :D

Severed body parts found at two residences in Greenville

Coroner Parks Evans told GreenvilleOnline.com this afternoon that he can’t tell how two hands and two feet found at two local residences this morning were severed, but that it was unlikely an accident and unlikely to have left the victim alive.
    Evans said one hand and one foot were found in a garbage bag at each of two residences this morning -- one on Rose Avenue just off Church Street and the other at Andover Park apartments near Cleveland Street and Faris Road, according to Greenville police.

The people reporting the body parts at each residence are related, said police spokesman Jason Rampey.

Evans said he couldn’t confirm for sure whether the hands and feet come from a single person, though he believes they do in part because there’s a right and a left of each appendage. He said they appear to be from a black person.

Because of where the parts were severed -- the hands at the wrist -- Evans said he also couldn’t tell whether a sawing or single chopping motion was used.

Investigators are hoping that fingerprints will identify who the body parts belong to, Evans said. He said he couldn't tell how long they had been severed.

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=us

Notes near Body Parts in Belgium Linked to Death Note (Updated)

La Dernière Heure, a French daily newspaper in Belgium similar to United Kingdom's The Sun or America's New York Post, reports that two identical messages linked to the Death Note manga were left near severed body parts that were discovered Friday afternoon in the forest of Belgium's Duden Park.
    According to the newspaper, the two paper sheets both say "Watashi wa Kira dess," an apparent misspelling of the Japanese phrase "Watashi wa Kira desu," or "I am Kira (Killer)."

"oh no,a Japanese "Watashi wa' seriel killer, the very dangerous kind !"

This is a catchphrase from writer Tsugumi Ooba and artist Takeshi Obata's Death Note suspense manga series, in which a high school boy discovers a notebook which allows him to kill people by writing their names in it.

The lower abdomen and two thighs of an unknown Caucasian male were discovered by walkers in the park Friday at 5:30 p.m. local time, and police sources for the newspaper said that the body parts were left no more than six hours before the discovery.
    There was no clothing, personal effects, or identification besides the two paper sheets. The two paper sheets reportedly had the same message, but were written in two different colors with no apparent signs of aging. Duden Park is located on east side of the Senne River Valley.

Belgian police are requesting that anyone who saw suspicious behavior on Friday between 12:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. near or at the park to call the Belgian phone number 02/559.80.00.

Update: According to the newspaper, the lower abdomen comes from an unknown Caucasian male, but it is unknown whether the two thighs belong to the same individual. Thank you to woelfie for the news tip.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-to-death-note

We just finished an enormous turkey dinner and the punkin pie is cooling for later!

Had the house to ourselves with no kids all day.

Sitting on the deck with a honeyweis enjoying the sunset.

Today rocked!