Thread: Friday Night! The Official Night Thread.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    Sounds nice. Glad you had a great day.

Don't listen to Shannon. She has no heart.
    The cheating/lying part sounds intriguing. Pics?

Shannon: sure, why not? :D

NeunElfer SuperMod hampshirebrit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Yeah, nobody cares about your quaint little perfect life. Go away.:D
    That is so Shannon, and yet so, so true.

asdf, I've got a goddamn Porsche to run. It's expensive... you think this is easy for me????

Things are tough here. Send bucks, please, now.:D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    The cheating/lying part sounds intriguing. Pics?

Shannon: sure, why not? :D
    Did you and Hamp spend all day drinking together? What the hell are you on about?
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Hey, Bubba. Working too hard, been off the grid for two weeks, but otherwise OK. How bout you?

Good to see ya'lls, and it's really good to see CU back on the grid.
    Durn Tootin'

Hey!!! I'm in charge of the Saturday Thread (for the time being anyway).

It takes a special Dude to Roll on Shabbos.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Another severed right foot discovered in British Columbia

In a story line that could have been plucked right out of CSI, another severed right foot has been found on the shores of the Gulf Islands in British Columbia. Three feet have been discovered in close proximity in the last six months, and this is causing the local investigators to wonder what kind of pattern is developing, and where these body parts are coming from.

"Sounds like the story line from one of Michael Slade's books, no that plot involved woman's left breasts !"

The latest foot, still in its sneaker, was found last Friday on Valdes Island, a small community near Nanaimo that does not have regular ferry service and is accessible only by private boat or float plane.
    snip
    Two other right feet, both in size 12 men's sneakers, washed ashore on Gabriola and Jedediah islands last August. RCMP collected DNA from the grisly remains but could not match them to anyone in police databases. The three islands are within 60 kilometres of each other.

"It is unusual," said RCMP spokeswoman Const. Annie Linteau. "We are in the preliminary stages of this particular investigation, and of course we will not enter into speculation."

The Vancouver Island Major Crime Unit has sent detectives to investigate the cases, she said.

"Ah now they will have Zink Chandler and RCVICAP to recon with !"

Meanwhile, the latest foot has been turned over to the B.C. Coroners Service for forensic testing.

"We'll be using pathology examinations and anthropology examinations to garner as much information as we possibly can about the remains," said Jeff Dolen, B.C.'s assistant deputy chief coroner.

Although it is somewhat common to find individual body parts, Dolen said this would be "the first instance of three such similar remains being discovered" in such proximity.

A body in the ocean will first sink and then, depending on the depth, float back to the surface as it becomes bloated with gas.

It is common for hands, feet and the head to detach as a body decomposes, said Gail Anderson, a forensic entomologist from Simon Fraser University who has submerged pigs in Saanich Inlet to study ocean decomposition. But generally, those limbs do not float, she said.

"Obviously there's some sort of current picking up light items and washing them to those particular areas," Anderson said.

Her research on pig carcasses has shown crabs, seals, sharks and fish are frequent scavengers of body parts.

Feet in particular can go through a process called adipocere, as the ocean turns the fat into a soap-like substance during weeks and months in the water, Anderson said. Once that happens, nothing will eat the flesh, she said. But she said it also makes it extremely difficult for forensic analysts to gather clues from the body part, such as its age.
    http://www.nowpublic.com/strange/ano...itish-columbia
    Last edited by megimoo; 06-27-2008 at 09:07 PM.

Did you and Hamp spend all day drinking together? What the hell are you on about?
    No, we did not. You're the one who wanted some boredom relief. I spent the day tweaking a model (the math kind - not the runway kind).

I can state with absolute assurance that I was not, in fact, in the UK today or even the EU and those pesky cameras will back me up. :D

I'm extremely concerned about Megi.

I'm extremely concerned about Megi.
    He knows how to take direction which is more than I can say for you. :p

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    That is so Shannon, and yet so, so true.

asdf, I've got a goddamn Porsche to run. It's expensive... you think this is easy for me????

Things are tough here. Send bucks, please, now.:D
    It's GOT to get better gas milage than the stupid SUV I have been putting all the miles on this last week, so I'm afraid I am going to whip out the tiny violin at this point for you. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    He knows how to take direction which is more than I can say for you. :p
    Ohhhhhh, fine then! I'm not coming back for days and days then! So...there! (I got nothing else)