Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Government Interference has REALLY Gone Too Far! 
    Power CUer
    NJ considers ban on bare-it-all 'Brazilian' wax

The state Board of Cosmetology and Hairstyling is moving toward a ban on genital waxing altogether after two women reported being injured in their quest for a smooth bikini line.

Both women were hospitalized for infections following so-called "Brazilian" bikini waxes; one of the women has filed a lawsuit, according to Jeff Lamm, a spokesman for New Jersey's Division of Consumer Affairs, which oversees the cosmetology board.

Technically, genital waxing has never been allowed only the face, neck, abdomen, legs and arms are permitted but because bare-it-all "Brazilians" weren't specifically banned, state regulators haven't enforced the law.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...a061735D74.DTL
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Gee, you mean you wouldn't feel a lot safer getting a pubic permit so your waxing contractor could perform this renovation in your own home? I mean, you'd get an inspection from Code Enforcement and everything. :p

Really? You think the government has gone too far? Why would you ever assume that you're free to do as you wish with your body?

We're called The Land of the Free here in America, except there's not one single thing you can do that's not somehow regulated or restricted by the government.. They regulate what kind of car you can drive, they regulate what kinds of foods you can eat, the regulate what you can smoke, they regulate what goods you can purchase by controlling imports, and on and on it goes.. Try to do what they say you shouldn't and you'll pay dearly in taxes and fees if you can do it or get it at all.. Buy a Hummer-gas guzzler tax.. Buy a yacht-luxury tax. Want to inherit that home you were born in and grew up in when your parents die-inheritance tax... If you can't pay the inheritance tax, YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR PARENTS' HOUSE! It's shameful.

And under Obongo they're proposing radio-controlled thermostats in your house to control your energy usage. They'll set it at the temperature that they deem appropriate.. At least that was the story when he was on the campaign trail.
    Last edited by stsinner; 03-19-2009 at 11:01 AM.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Really? You think the government has gone too far? Why would you ever assume that you're free to do as you wish with your body?

We're called The Land of the Free here in America, except there's not one single thing you can do that's not somehow regulated or restricted by the government.. They regulate what kind of car you can drive, they regulate what kinds of foods you can eat, the regulate what you can smoke, they regulate what goods you can purchase by controlling imports, and on and on it goes..

And under Obongo they're proposing radio-controlled thermostats in your house to control your energy usage. They'll set it at the temperature that they deem appropriate.. At least that was the story when he was on the campaign trail.
    Lighten up, Francis. This is the Lounge. :D

Power CUer
    I put it in the lounge on purpose. ;)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Lighten up, Francis. This is the Lounge. :D

Then pour me a drink....

And who the hell is Francis? I want to get the joke if it's made at my expense.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

You mean I'll have to start waxing my own balls?;)
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Then pour me a drink....

And who the hell is Francis? I want to get the joke if it's made at my expense.

Watch Stripes, starring Bill Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Watch Stripes, starring Bill Murray.

Ahh... Now I get it, and I had to laugh at myself...