Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Who's a White Supremacist? 
    Banned
    What if you're a white person who thinks whites are getting a raw deal, but you're NOT a "neo-Nazi" or a Hitler-worshipper?

http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net...ocacy1.html#WA

Most white advocates seek a general right of group self-determination that at most involves non-involvement with other racial groups, especially coercive involvement. Forced busing, affirmative action, immigration and non-discrimination laws are all examples of coercion that are opposed by white advocates.

In other words, they wish to simply decline the demands of other racial groups. That's "supremacy"? That's like calling a woman who refuses a man's sexual advances a "female supremacist.

Around here we just call it "color blind".

Power CUer
    Why do you think whites, specifically, are getting a "raw deal"? I'm white, and things are going rather well.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Why do you think whites, specifically, are getting a "raw deal"? I'm white, and things are going rather well.
    I understand the complaint well enough. Where I work there are aggressive policies in place to ensure a forced level of sex and race "inclusion". Sometimes less qualified candidates really are hired to meet these unofficial quotas.

I'd prefer to have no diversity issues in the work place at all unless we're talking about hiring somebody with a biochemistry background as opposed to all the inorganic chemists. ;)

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I understand the complaint well enough. Where I work there are aggressive policies in place to ensure a forced level of sex and race "inclusion". Sometimes less qualified candidates really are hired to meet these unofficial quotas.
    We discriminate in favor of people who have advanced degrees in specific fields - and you have to be a US citizen for most of our jobs. Besides, if you read the rest of his post, he's not really talking about jobs, he's talking about the "right to associate". I'm white, but I can't imagine describing myself as a "white advocate".
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Any white person who is proud to be white is a White Supremacist.. Just ask any non-white.. If you're white and you're not absolutely ashamed of yourself for what happened generations ago, you're a horrible, horrible person.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

We discriminate in favor of people who have advanced degrees in specific fields - and you have to be a US citizen for most of our jobs. Besides, if you read the rest of his post, he's not really talking about jobs, he's talking about the "right to associate". I'm white, but I can't imagine describing myself as a "white advocate".
    The degree thing isn't discrimination (as it's popularly defined) where I work. You literally can't hold a meaningful work conversation without a pretty rigorous technical education. On the other hand, if you have that education, your skin tone, sexual interests, or ancestry are of no advantage at all. The only culture that has any importance is the technical culture and geeks are pretty much all alike whatever their genetics or place of birth. ;)

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Any white person who is proud to be white is a White Supremacist.. Just ask any non-white.. If you're white and you're not absolutely ashamed of yourself for what happened generations ago, you're a horrible, horrible person.
    I don't think about what happened "generations" ago (all of my ancestors fought on the Union side). I don't think about being "proud" to be white; it's an accident of birth. I had nothing to do with it.

Part of that is because most white people break their ethnicity down to subgroups-like irish, italian, french, whatever. The white people who end up emphasizing the word white are usually racist groups trying to make a point.

All black americans know is that their ancestors came from Africa, probably from western Africa. They don't know what area, what tribe or any of that type of identifying information. Sometimes, they can find records of their ancestors through southern farm records of slaves, and there might be detail about where that slave came from, but that's about it.

Pride is a sin. Skin color is an accident. Character is what matters. I could not give two shits what color anyone's skin is - my concern is the content of their character. Anyone who focuses on the mythical construct of RACE is a racist. Affirmative action is wrong - but fighting it in terms of RACE rather than in terms of qualifications is also wrong - and racist. Face it hugh - your preoccupation with race is because you ARE a racist.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.