Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It's overcast here today and I'm done with all my chores and errands so I'm waiting to go to lunch.

TOTD: I used to drive professionally a lot - all over the western part of the country. I would just listen to whatever came in best on the radio and that was mostly country stations. I can't really recommend a road or album. I used to feel bitter and envious over all the cozy homes I passed. I was on the road 3 weeks out of 4 and it basically sucked.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Nice mix. With the advent of the MP3 or Ipod you can custom mix your own road tunes, or just shuffle and see what the device gives you.

Didn't know the Blasters. I'll check 'em out.

I wonder what Shannon choose as her road tunes? Bet the Beatles will be in the mix.
    Just borrow the cd's and load them onto my computer off line disk drive.From there load my MP3 with a bunch of old but good songs .

I'll put a bigger memory 'stick' in and fill that one up.Enough music to last the rest of my life and never hear the same song twice .

Bought my daughter a car a couple days ago. She loves the car although I wondered if dhe wouldn't think a eldorado was a 'granny "car. Only thing she mentioned was the cassette disk player had to go since she didn't own but 2 or 3 cassettes. Her brother & her went to the store today and got a USB MP3 car-stereo with SD reader.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Power CUer
    Anything by Bowling for Soup.

A few albums that I especially like listening to on long car trips:
    1. A Best of Johnny Cash album
    2. Jona Kimbrough (She is a small- time Christian singer who got her start in my church), 'Morning Skiesr'
    3. The soundtrack for the movie "Barnyard."
    4. The soundtracks for any of the 'Shrek' movies.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I love to drive out west. There's nothing to make one appreciate America than driving out Highway 70, heading due west, going through Kansas, then entering Colorado, driving through the plains til the first glimpse of the Rocky Mountains. Going over the Continental Divide is always an experience, no matter how many times. I know it sounds cheesy, but I love to listen to John Denver when approaching the mountains, you know that old "Rocky Mountain High" thing. There's something about his nasaly voice that's appropriate to "fill up your senses".

Another greyt route is along the Pacific Highway in California. My all time favorite is the Sea to Sky highway near Vancouver, BC, from the Vancouver area to Whistler ski area.

Thanks for this topic, Bubba. Think I'll put on some of my "travelling" music and relax. My fav song while driving is "Moving down the Highway".

I have a John Denver CD or Two. Country Roads is a good song.

For You, STL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eaaR1Ay5P0
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    It's overcast here today and I'm done with all my chores and errands so I'm waiting to go to lunch.

TOTD: I used to drive professionally a lot - all over the western part of the country. I would just listen to whatever came in best on the radio and that was mostly country stations. I can't really recommend a road or album. I used to feel bitter and envious over all the cozy homes I passed. I was on the road 3 weeks out of 4 and it basically sucked.

Wow. You were a truck driver? Cool. (Well, you didn't actually say that, you said professional driver. Still, a mile is a mile.)

Yeah, I'm sure the road looks different if you spend that much time there.

I also enjoy tuning in local a.m. stations to drop in, briefly, to the community I'm passin gthrough.

Kinda fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I love to drive. I especially like driving in rural areas and seeing different parts of the country. Barns, fields, old houses, woods, mountains and everything else our great nation provides by way of scenery is a great gift nature gives us.

Sometimes I like to roll quietly, just listening to the sound of the engine and the road, but music and the highway go so well together. Music can accentuate the experience of travel, alleviate boredom, make you think, make you smile.

I get my kicks on Route 66. Highway 61 Revisited and It's a highway song, sing it on and on, on and on....

It's a perfect time to listen to albums. The whole thing..front to back, in order as the artist arranged it.

TOTD: Tunes. Saturday Jukebox. Albums and songs for the open road. Also, name the road. I've never been on Route 66. I've been on Highway 41 with the Allman Brothers.

How about an album or song, and maybe even a road to drive and listen to it. I'll share later.
    In the past, I've found I really like listening to The Doors Greatests Hits (double album)...good stuff...on long road trips, of course...or anytime, really...
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    In the past, I've found I really like listening to The Doors Greatests Hits (double album)...good stuff...on long road trips, of course...or anytime, really...
    Hard to go wrong with the Doors.

I enjoy Dire Straits. They have a mix of slow meaningful songs along with catchy tunes, and Mark Knopler's amazing guitar work.

Brothers in Arms
    is a good song and a great album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XVVZPefbR4

Highway Star - Deep Purple

Lost Highway - Hank Williams
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.