Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 top 10 sci fi shows of all time 
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...f_alltime.html

Be sure to vote in the poll!

How the hell did SG1 get on the list?? That show was sooooooooo stupid. They took a great concept as expressed in the movie and made a B sci fi show out of it that just plain got stupid. The only good spin on it was Atlantis.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Power CUer
    I voted for Twilight Zone because it's the only one I've seen very much. I've never even heard of several of them.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I voted for Twilight Zone because it's the only one I've seen very much. I've never even heard of several of them.
    HEATHEN!!!! :eek: We really do need to have a burning!!

Power CUer
    I've never heard of Firefly, Fringe, Farscape, or Sliders. And that's probably more than the number of operas you could name. :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I've never heard of Firefly, Fringe, Farscape, or Sliders. And that's probably more than the number of operas you could name. :p
    disgusting! Operas eh? marriage of figaro, Don Giovanni, The flying dutchman, the merry wives of windsor, Don Quixote, and of course - the magic flute. I have to sit through one at least every couple of years. The Mrs. love Opera. I loathe it . . . . but . . . . you do what you have to do.

OH left out the Barber of Seville. :p
    Last edited by PoliCon; 03-20-2009 at 01:39 PM.

Power CUer
    So, the Mrs. has an inclination toward Mozart? :) Culture won't kill you, don't worry. The effects are probably transitory. :p

So, the Mrs. has an inclination toward Mozart? :) Culture won't kill you, don't worry. The effects are probably transitory. :p
    I enjoy Motzart myself - just not a fan of Opera.

gator

Firefly is probably one of the most enjoyable series ever on TV. It only ran for one season but it was a very good show.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Firefly is probably one of the most enjoyable series ever on TV. It only ran for one season but it was a very good show.
    It didn't even make it a full season. :(

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...f_alltime.html

Be sure to vote in the poll!

How the hell did SG1 get on the list?? That show was sooooooooo stupid. They took a great concept as expressed in the movie and made a B sci fi show out of it that just plain got stupid. The only good spin on it was Atlantis.
    Hey, 10 seasons on the air, which I have on DVD, says that you're in the minority...what the stupid part is that 29% of the people voting think Lost in Space is the best sci-fi show ever **shudder**...now, if you want stupid, there you go.
    Last edited by Zathras; 03-20-2009 at 05:02 PM.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf