Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Woman has no regrets for attacking child molester with bat 
    Hurray for her!

PUYALLUP — Tammy Lee Gibson says she has only one regret about attacking her neighbor with a baseball bat.

She says she wishes she had done more damage.

Gibson, 40, said she attacked William Baldwin on June 16 after receiving a notification from the Pierce County Sheriff's Department that the convicted child molester had moved to a neighboring trailer park. She said she immediately recognized Baldwin, 24, as an acquaintance who had talked to her 10-year-old daughter last summer. She knocked on his door, threatened to kill him and attacked him with a bat.

The attack landed both in jail: Gibson for second-degree assault and felony harassment and Baldwin for failing to register as a sex offender.

She said she swung at him with the bat, catching him below the jaw. Gibson said the 7-foot-3 man tried to stop her by grabbing the bat, but she kept swinging. Gibson, who is 5-foot-11, said she didn't realize how big Baldwin was until after she had hit him seven or eight times.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    Hurray for her!

PUYALLUP — Tammy Lee Gibson says she has only one regret about attacking her neighbor with a baseball bat.

She says she wishes she had done more damage.

Gibson, 40, said she attacked William Baldwin on June 16 after receiving a notification from the Pierce County Sheriff's Department that the convicted child molester had moved to a neighboring trailer park. She said she immediately recognized Baldwin, 24, as an acquaintance who had talked to her 10-year-old daughter last summer. She knocked on his door, threatened to kill him and attacked him with a bat.

The attack landed both in jail: Gibson for second-degree assault and felony harassment and Baldwin for failing to register as a sex offender.

She said she swung at him with the bat, catching him below the jaw. Gibson said the 7-foot-3 man tried to stop her by grabbing the bat, but she kept swinging. Gibson, who is 5-foot-11, said she didn't realize how big Baldwin was until after she had hit him seven or eight times.
    Always go for the knees with a big guy,Break both knee and when he's down 'golf' him !!

Silly girl. She should have used a large cast iron skillet.....with hot grease in it.

Quote Originally Posted by mourningdove View Post
    Silly girl. She should have used a large cast iron skillet.....with hot grease in it.
    should of used a gun
    Aint but three things in this world thats worth a solitary dime,
    But old dogs and children and watermelon wine.
    Tom T. Hall

Sonnabend
    should of used a gun
    Murder one.

Good for her! Kick his ass!!!!!!!!!!
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

Sonnabend
    Good for her! Kick his ass!!!!!!!!!!
    She knocked on his door, threatened to kill him and attacked him with a bat.
    So you advocate a/ attempted murder / b assault with intent to to do grievous bodily harm and c/ vigilante justice?

He had not laid a hand on her daughter or on anyone else. He was in his home when she attacked him, and quite frankly,he would have been within his rights to kick HER ass.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    She recognized (him) as an acquaintance who talked to her ten year old daughter last Summer AND didn't realize how big (Seven Foot Three) until after she hit him seven or eight times?

Seven Foot Three.

Is she sure he was the same man who talked to her daughter the prior summer?

Seven Foot Three.

She received notification from the Pierce County Sheriff's Department that he had moved into the neighborhood. How did they know he was there if he didn't register?

The details of this story don't add up.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    So you advocate a/ attempted murder / b assault with intent to to do grievous bodily harm and c/ vigilante justice?

He had not laid a hand on her daughter or on anyone else. He was in his home when she attacked him, and quite frankly,he would have been within his rights to kick HER ass.
    Sorry, I misread the article - I thought he had actually attacked her kid, in which case I would support her kicking his ass. My mistake. I'm coming off working overnights and I think I brained my damage :)
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug68 View Post
    Sorry, I misread the article - I thought he had actually attacked her kid, in which case I would support her kicking his ass. My mistake. I'm coming off working overnights and I think I brained my damage :)

Me and you both Junebug.

I hate child molesters. They are the lowest of the low. I don't think they can be cured. In short, I hate them.

But there was stuff about this story that made me pause and question this woman's account.

Andy your brain and heart are in the right place. um...That's supposed to be a compliment. :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!