Thread: Phone Numbers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Phone Numbers 
    (would someone on staff if you are so inclined sticky this?? :) PLEASE! :D )

Phone numbers for raising hell in Washington -

CONGRESS
    Congressional Switchboard - 1-866-220-0044

Department of Homeland Security
    "CITIZEN" line -
    Operator Number: 202-282-8000
    Comment Line: 202-282-8495

Department of Commerce
    main - (202) 482-2000

Department of the Treasury
    General Information: (202) 622-2000
    Secretary Geitners office -
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I'll be happy to edit the OP and add any additional numbers anyone else has scrounged up. ULTIMATELY - I'd like to have all of the office numbers for each cabinet member and all the big wigs in DC. That way - we know where to call to kvetch about the crap they are pulling!!

Power CUer
    They're all in the bright yellow "Leadership Directory", at your public library.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    They're all in the bright yellow "Leadership Directory", at your public library.
    I'm not at the public library - and this way we have access here - there - everywhere :)

As long as liberals have been waiting to have this configuration in Wash DC, I think God Almighty could get on the phone and it wouldn't make any difference to them. Do you really think they give a damn about what you have to say? I don't think so. In all fairness to Liberals, I don't think either party has listened to the people in a long time. How long have the American people said to stop illegal immigration? Maybe it can never be 100% stopped but could definitely be slowed. Wash DC gives it lip service.

No, they don't give a damn about phone calls.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    As long as liberals have been waiting to have this configuration in Wash DC, I think God Almighty could get on the phone and it wouldn't make any difference to them. Do you really think they give a damn about what you have to say? I don't think so. In all fairness to Liberals, I don't think either party has listened to the people in a long time. How long have the American people said to stop illegal immigration? Maybe it can never be 100% stopped but could definitely be slowed. Wash DC gives it lip service.

No, they don't give a damn about phone calls.
    The only way to take back our system of government is to reengage that system. Sitting back on our asses bitching on the internet is not going to get anything done. Politicians are quite pragmatic when it comes to one thing - POWER. They will do what ever they feel they need to do in order to get and to keep it. They want us disengaged ready to accept what every the deign to hand down to us from on high. Engaged - we remember that the power is OURS and that we just lend it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    The only way to take back our system of government is to reengage that system. Sitting back on our asses bitching on the internet is not going to get anything done. Politicians are quite pragmatic when it comes to one thing - POWER. They will do what ever they feel they need to do in order to get and to keep it. They want us disengaged ready to accept what every the deign to hand down to us from on high. Engaged - we remember that the power is OURS and that we just lend it to them.
    Your request will be considered.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Your request will be considered.
    thank you. :)

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Stuck until further notice.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I COULD NOT AGREE MORE. But I still believe that calling our elected officials or signing petitions or whatever, stopped being effective when incumbents became practically irremovable. For a while now, 90% or more of incumbents have been reelected. That says one of 2 things. Either Americans are happy with their politicians or they are mindless sheep who cannot be bothered. My money is on the latter. So you and I and 100,000 other Americans can yell and scream on the phone or in letters, the other 300M do nothing, and the politicians do what they damn well please. And I don't know what the answer is. It's just obvious to this casual observer that things don't work the way they should. :(

On a side note, in Athenian democracy, men who were allowed to vote were expected to be aware of the issues and to discuss them with their fellow citizens. The following is from Wikipedia but I have seen this documented elsewhere.

A good example of the contempt the first democrats felt for those who did not participate in politics can be found in the modern word 'idiot', which finds its origins in the ancient Greek word ἰδιώτης (idiōtēs), meaning a private person, a person who is not actively interested in politics; such characters were talked about with contempt and the word eventually acquired its modern meaning. In his Funeral Oration, Pericles states:

It is only we who regard the one, not participating in these duties, not as unambitious but as useless.

When the vast majority are useless, we are screwed.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.