Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 GOP predicts doomsday if Obama budget passed (Obama Laughs) 

WASHINGTON Congressional Republicans on Sunday predicted a doomsday scenario of crushing debt and eventual federal bankruptcy if President Barack Obama's massive spending blueprint wins passage.

But a White House adviser dismissed the negative assessments, saying she is "incredibly confident" that the president's policies will "do the job" for the economy.

In a TV interview, Obama himself laughed when discussing the dire state of parts of the economy and ascribed his laughter to "gallows humor."

White House Council of Economic Advisers chairwoman Christina Romer insisted that the nation's flailing economy will be rebounding by 2010.

Administration officials and the president himself have taken a cheerier tone despite economic indicators that are anything but positive.

Republicans say Obama's budget is no laughing matter.

I saw Ms. Romer's interview. One particular Q/A caught my attention. Asked if the one trillion dollars pumped into the economy last week could trigger inflation down the road, she replied that it wouldn't. Usually the reply is," it's something we have to be aware of and stay on top of" or words to that effect. She said it's a foregone conclusion it won't be a problem because the people running the recovery plan know what they're doing. This woman didn't impress me before this comment. She has cemented that opinion now. My guess is she was a PTA President somewhere before being snagged for this job.

If so, that would make her the person with the most executive experience in this administration.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

PATRIOT RESISTANCE, SAMUEL ADAMS HEADQUARTERS
    Community organizer.
    "When governments boot is on your throat, whether it is the left boot or the right boot is of little consequence." Gary Lloyd

"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resist it." John Hay

" As governments grinds us on towards Tyranny in each Intolerable Act, Tea Party members the winds of LIBERTY is the howl in your ears, echoing to the depths of your soul, MARCH IN THE STREETS! RALLY FOR LIBERTY! REBEL!" J Richard Gosnell

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    I My guess is she was a PTA President somewhere before being snagged for this job.

If so, that would make her the person with the most executive experience in this administration.
    She was an economics professor, with a research background in the Great Depression in the United States.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    She was an economics professor, with a research background in the Great Depression in the United States.
    A keynesian no doubt . . . . hardly a real economist if that is the case . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    A keynesian no doubt . . . . hardly a real economist if that is the case . . . .
    Even worse than you suspect - MIT gave her a doctorate in economics. ;)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Even worse than you suspect - MIT gave her a doctorate in economics. ;)
    ooooohhhh she's a communist.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I'm sure you recognized my sarcasm. She may well have loads of credentials. But when asked a serious question about a topic that has extremely serious consequences for this country, and she gives a totally bullshit answer, I tend to lose faith in her opinion.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

PATRIOT RESISTANCE, SAMUEL ADAMS HEADQUARTERS
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    ooooohhhh she's a communist.

Yes. That is why she is a student of the Great Depression . Studies that will help her understand what went wrong that caused Communism not to catch hold. A second chance only comes along once in a while. So each generation must have their team prepared and ready to attack.

She may have an original copy of" RECRUIT" given to her by her mentor..
    "When governments boot is on your throat, whether it is the left boot or the right boot is of little consequence." Gary Lloyd

"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resist it." John Hay

" As governments grinds us on towards Tyranny in each Intolerable Act, Tea Party members the winds of LIBERTY is the howl in your ears, echoing to the depths of your soul, MARCH IN THE STREETS! RALLY FOR LIBERTY! REBEL!" J Richard Gosnell

As more time passes I become more convinced Obama is a freaking idiot.

It's becoming common knowledge even among the most ignorant liberals that his deficit spending is unsustainable. When the government announces that the sitting Presidents proposed spending is unsustainable and will cause economic collapse if not stopped... there's a slight problem.

I'm not kidding folks, our dollar will look like a 1980's Peso here very soon if the government continues to print TRILLIONS of dollars at will without anything to back them. It will cost $5,000 for a can of Coke.

Every time this assclown orders the Fed to print another Trillion dollars, he's taking money out of your pocket because it only further devalues the money you have left... which in many cases across America aint much.

This moron MUST BE STOPPED.

I've already noticed a turning away from the ignorant bliss by the morons that voted for this lunatic. Their crazed "HOPE, CHANGE!" ramblings have been replaced with... "well, let's give him at least 100 days to see if he can turn things around".

Right.

Denial.

Idiots.
    I like to shoot people with my CANON.