Thread: 2 Out of 3 Believe Pols Should Return AIG Contributions.

1. #1 2 Out of 3 Believe Pols Should Return AIG Contributions. 
    67% Say Politicians Should Give Back AIG Contributions, Political Class Disagrees

Monday, March 23, 2009 Email to a FriendAdvertisement

Two-out-of-three Americans (67%) believe that politicians who received campaign contributions from American International Group (AIG) should return the money. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that just 21% disagree and 13% are not sure.

The belief that the politicians should give back the money is shared by a solid majority of every measured demographic group except one - America’s Political Class. In that elite group, just 29% think the contributions should be returned while 63% reject that idea.

Among America’s Populists, 77% believe the campaign cash should be returned, and only 14% disagree. Most Americans have Populist attitudes. and their perspective can reasonably be considered the perspective of Mainstream America.

The gap between Mainstream America and the nation’s Political Class is far bigger than the divide between Republicans and Democrats within those groups. Among Mainstream Americans, 74% of Democrats believe the campaign cash should be returned. So do 78% of Republicans and 78% of those not affiliated with either major party.
    Color me shocked.

Rasmussen

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Color me shocked.

Rasmussen
    The won't of course . . . it would set a bad precedent. They might have to give back other money then!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    The won't of course . . . it would set a bad precedent. They might have to give back other money then!
    Giving back...giving back....giving back to your country......where have I heard this before? :p

Banned
    While we are at it lets require politicians to give back contributions from Fannie, Freddie, GS, BOA or anyone that received TARP money.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    While we are at it lets require politicians to give back contributions from Fannie, Freddie, GS, BOA or anyone that received TARP money.
    AND - lets cut their pay 20%. dump them into the government run healthcare they want to foist onto the rest of us - make them all take medicare/medicaid - and make them take SS too. No more 100% salary for life.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    AND - lets cut their pay 20%. dump them into the government run healthcare they want to foist onto the rest of us - make them all take medicare/medicaid - and make them take SS too. No more 100% salary for life.
    I bet a lot of folks do not know why AIG is too big to fail. Are you ready for this shit? AIG is the insurance company that guarantees the Federal Pension Plan of Congressional members. Ain't that a kick in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I bet a lot of folks do not know why AIG is too big to fail. Are you ready for this shit? AIG is the insurance company that guarantees the Federal Pension Plan of Congressional members. Ain't that a kick in the ass.
    I wise man I know of always says - follow the money.