1. #1 The Civil War was unnecessary, and un-Christian. 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Guess the Peanut farmer who said that? Yep Jimmy Carter..

Here’s the latest outrage from Jimmy Carter, the ex-President so many Americans love to hate: He claims the Civil War - which he calls, Southern-style, “The War Between the States” - was un-Christian and could have been avoided.

The comments come in a new book, “In Lincoln’s Hand: His Original Manuscripts With Commentary By Distinguished Americans.” Carter comments on a passage by Lincoln in which Lincoln writes: “I am almost ready to say this is probably true - that God wills this contest, and wills that it shall not end yet.”

Carter writes that he finds the Lincoln writing “very troubling.” Continues Carter: “He ignores the fact that the tragic combat might have been avoided altogether, and that the leaders of both sides, overwhelmingly Christian, were violating a basic premise of their belief as followers of the Prince of Peace.” He concludes: “A legitimate question for historians is how soon the blight of slavery would have been terminated peacefully in America, as in Great Britain and other civilized societies.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/...ory_he_th.html
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Guess the Peanut farmer who said that? Yep Jimmy Carter..

Here’s the latest outrage from Jimmy Carter, the ex-President so many Americans love to hate: He claims the Civil War - which he calls, Southern-style, “The War Between the States” - was un-Christian and could have been avoided.

The comments come in a new book, “In Lincoln’s Hand: His Original Manuscripts With Commentary By Distinguished Americans.” Carter comments on a passage by Lincoln in which Lincoln writes: “I am almost ready to say this is probably true - that God wills this contest, and wills that it shall not end yet.”

Carter writes that he finds the Lincoln writing “very troubling.” Continues Carter: “He ignores the fact that the tragic combat might have been avoided altogether, and that the leaders of both sides, overwhelmingly Christian, were violating a basic premise of their belief as followers of the Prince of Peace.” He concludes: “A legitimate question for historians is how soon the blight of slavery would have been terminated peacefully in America, as in Great Britain and other civilized societies.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/...ory_he_th.html
    He's how old? He can't last too much longer can he??
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    He's a crazy liberal who cheers on terrorist and denounces our troops. He can hold on for years.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    He's a crazy liberal who cheers on terrorist and denounces our troops. He can hold on for years.
    all it will take is one good scare . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    People like Carter always seem to last for years and years. Or maybe it's just the time-distortion effect you get when you listen to them for more than 10 seconds.

Banned
    I am surprised Gator has not chimed in supporting Mr Peanut. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    I am surprised Gator has not chimed in supporting Mr Peanut. :D
    I will.

I can't speak for the Christians, but certainly the war was unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    I will.

I can't speak for the Christians, but certainly the war was unnecessary.
    I can agree with you. The War was unnecessary. Prior to the War, no discussion to my knowledge of compensated emancipation, which is how the rest of the world freed their slaves. HAd the South been offered $400/slave (the amount used by some other countries, the emancipation could have been accomplished w/o a shot fired.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Naďve.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.