Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by rjas77 View Post
    I believe that honor goes to "Jimma Carter"
    It belongs to George W. Bush.

Mr. Bush received a 66% disapproval rating in The Wall Street Journal/NBC poll for June, tying his own record for the highest ever for any president in the Journal/NBC poll. The previous highs were a 56% rating for Mr. Bush's father in late 1992, and a 50% score for President Clinton in 1993. In the long-running Gallup Poll, Mr. Bush's disapproval rating reached 69% this spring -- a record going back to the Truman administration.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    It belongs to George W. Bush.
    True, but I reckon if Carter had two terms he'd get half of what Bush has.

San Diego County officials, it turns out, have been sending out tax notices on the La Jolla property, an oceanfront condo, for four years without receiving a response. County records show the bills, which were mailed to a Phoenix address associated with Mrs. McCain's trust, were returned by the post office. ."

http://www.newsweek.com/id/143775/

Surely that is the post office's fault and not CIndy McCain's. It is also possible that the McCain's thought that La Jolla property was not subject to San Diego city tax. La Jolla is a very separate area and really should not be part of the city proper at all; but San Diego wouldn't be able to fund social services in the city without the money they collect from La Jolla residents. At the same time, San Diego government leaves the La Jolla infrastructure at risk causing bursting pipes, sinkholes and mudslides when it rains.

And no, I don't live in La Jolla, but I know an elderly couple who do, and their problems with the city of San Diego have been unbelievable.