Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Severe Weather Alert

MARQUETTE-GREEN LAKE-FOND DU LAC- SHEBOYGAN-SAUK-COLUMBIA-DODGE- WASHINGTON-OZAUKEE-IOWA-DANE-JEFFERSON- WAUKESHA-MILWAUKEE- LAFAYETTE-GREEN- ROCK-WALWORTH-RACINE-KENOSHA- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MONTELLO... BERLIN...FOND DU LAC... SHEBOYGAN... BARABOO...PORTAGE...WISCONSIN DELLS... BEAVER DAM... WEST BEND...PORT WASHINGTON...DODGEVILLE...MADISON... JEFFERSON... LAKE MILLS...WAUKESHA... BROOKFIELD...MILWAUKEE...DARLINGTON... MONROE...JANESVILLE...BELOIT... ELKHORN...LAKE GENEVA...RACINE... KENOSHA 419 PM CDT THU MAR 26 2009
    ...WINTER STORM POSSIBLE LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT...

LOW PRESSURE WILL GATHER STRENGTH OVER TEXAS TONIGHT AND BEGIN TO TRACK NORTHEAST FRIDAY. WHILE THE EXACT TRACK OF THE LOW IS STILL UNCERTAIN... MODELS ARE BEGINNING TO AGREE THE LOW WILL TRACK FROM ARKANSAS SATURDAY MORNING TO SOUTHERN LOWER MICHIGAN BY LATE SATURDAY NIGHT.

ABUNDANT MOISTURE STREAMING NORTHWARD AHEAD OF THE LOW WILL WRAP AROUND AND GENERATE SNOW LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT ACROSS SOUTHERN WISCONSIN. A NARROW BAND OF HEAVY SNOW COULD SET UP ALONG AND SOUTHEAST OF A LINE FROM JANESVILLE TO SHEBOYGAN. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE...WHICH COULD LEAD TO RAPID ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW...ESPECIALLY NEAR THE MILWAUKEE METRO AREA.

CURRENT INDICATIONS SUGGEST SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS WILL RANGE FROM 6 TO 9 INCHES ACROSS MUCH OF SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN... TAPERING OFF RAPIDLY TO AROUND 3 INCHES NEAR THE WISCONSIN DELLS. LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS ARE POSSIBLE WHERE THE HEAVIEST BAND OF SNOW SETS UP AND PERSISTS FOR A PROLONGED PERIOD OF TIME.

IN ADDITION...NORTHEAST WINDS WILL STRENGTHEN TO 15 TO 25 MPH... GUSTING UP TO 35 MPH. AS A RESULT...AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW ARE POSSIBLE SATURDAY NIGHT.
    Crap on toast! :mad:

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

I would otherwise laugh with the others, but it's been incredibly dry and hot the last few months...
    Orlando Executive Airport
    Lat: 28.55 Lon: -81.33 Elev: 105
    Last Update on Mar 27, 3:53 am EDT

Fair

68 F Unfortunately you have to get up really early to enjoy that...by 11 it's waayyy too hot outside.
    (20 C)
    Humidity: 85 %
    Wind Speed: S 12 MPH
    Barometer: 29.92" (1013.3 mb)
    Dewpoint: 60 F (16 C)
    Visibility: 10.00 mi

Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 85. South wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. South wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Saturday: A 10 percent chance of showers after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 90. (UGH!!! :mad:)South wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Saturday Night: A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. South wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2pm, then a slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Windy, with a southwest wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. West wind between 5 and 15 mph.

Monday: Sunny, with a high near 83. North northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
    I'd happily trade this for a few days of snow and cool temps!
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

Oops!!! Maybe I shouldn't have Ha-Ha'd so early!!! :eek:

Issued by The National Weather Service
    St. Louis, MO
    4:10 pm CDT, Fri., Mar. 27, 2009

... WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING...
    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ST LOUIS HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING.

AT THIS TIME... RAIN IS EXPECTED TO CHANGE TO SNOW SATURDAY EVENING WITH LARGE SNOWFLAKES ALONG WITH INTENSE SNOWFALL RATES POSSIBLE. SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 6 INCHES OR GREATER ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE WATCH AREA.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :mad::D
    I hate it when those Large Snowflakes attack!!!

"Large snowflakes" constitute an alert for you people?

I don't believe I've even seen a watch or warning that actually specified snowflake size before. :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    "Large snowflakes" constitute an alert for you people?

I don't believe I've even seen a watch or warning that actually specified snowflake size before. :eek:

LOL!!! I never did either, I did a double take when I read it. :D

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    LOL!!! I never did either, I did a double take when I read it. :D
    Dependant on the type of system, most forecasters will know the type of snow that will be falling. I can honestly say that i've never advertised that to the general public though. *shrugs*

It's not supposed to dip lower than the 40s here. We are supposed to get rain every day starting on the first though . . . . April showers and all. :)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Dependant on the type of system, most forecasters will know the type of snow that will be falling. I can honestly say that i've never advertised that to the general public though. *shrugs*

Aha! I knew it. A snowflake conspiracy!!:mad::D

Warning doesn't seem as dire this morning...

Issued by The National Weather Service
    St. Louis, MO
    7:02 am CDT, Sat., Mar. 28, 2009

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 4 AM CDT SUNDAY...
    A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 4 AM CDT SUNDAY.

RAIN IS EXPECTED TO CHANGE TO SNOW THIS EVENING AND CONTINUE OVERNIGHT. A TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 5 INCHES IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR... WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE. THE COMBINATION OF A STRONG AND GUSTY NORTH WIND AND LARGE WET SNOWFLAKES WILL REDUCE THE VISIBILITY BELOW ONE MILE AT TIMES TONIGHT.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT UP TO 5 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED ACROSS THE ADVISORY AREA. ROADS MAY RAPIDLY BECOME SLIPPERY ONCE THE SNOW BEGINS... SO MOTORISTS SHOULD PLAN FOR A SLOWER THAN NORMAL TRIP. BE ESPECIALLY ALERT WHEN APPROACHING BRIDGES... OVERPASSES... AND CURVES.
    :D