Thread: Ie8

1. #1 Ie8 
    Anyone using it? I didn't care for IE7 so I dumped it and just stayed with 6.

Any good? It sucks? Let's hear your kudos or rants in this thread.

If you're an Opera, Firefox, Chrome, etc. snob...move along. Nothing for you to see here. :D

on edit: freaking CU turned that capital E into a small e in the thread title. Give me a mod edit please.

Many web sites aren't compatible with IE8, which I've been using this week as part of my job. It seems to be faster than IE7, but the ioncompatibility issues make it kind of sucky.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Nave.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

I've been using it for about a month and I haven't encountered any compatibility issues other than it has corrected some poor web display practices from previous versions which may be the problem some are experiencing. A lot of code as been written to correct how pages are displayed on IE while maintaining compatibility with browsers that worked correctly to begin with. I image that the code is still executing even though the issue has been corrected.

All in all I like it. I've also been testing Windows 7 and so far I really like it. It has many nice new features and corrects some of the misconceptions that people had with Vista. Vista wasn't a bad as some people will tell you. In fact I really like it. It is far superior to XP and is more adept at handling security issues.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I have been using for a while now...my BIG complaint is that it likes to *freeze* up. And it is a pain to close it out.
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

Patent Member

Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post

Just sayin'...
    Amen.:D
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Anyone using it? I didn't care for IE7 so I dumped it and just stayed with 6.

Any good? It sucks? Let's hear your kudos or rants in this thread.

If you're an Opera, Firefox, Chrome, etc. snob...move along. Nothing for you to see here. :D

on edit: freaking CU turned that capital E into a small e in the thread title. Give me a mod edit please.
    I hear that IE8 sucks donkey turns. I can't speak from experience since I only used IE when I absolutely must. I'm not a firefox snob - but the availability of adblock alone makes it a better browser :p
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I hear that IE8 sucks donkey turns. I can't speak from experience since I only used IE when I absolutely must. I'm not a firefox snob - but the availability of adblock alone makes it a better browser :p
    It's not bad really. More useful than 7. I have most of the mainstream browsers install on my workstation to test web designs. It's what I've been doing since I got laid off.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by aka:PBS View Post
    And it is a pain to close it out.
    I had that problem with IE7. I installed IE8 and it takes forever to start.

re:Firefox - I was an early adopter and had issues with it which I think turned me off of it. I just put the latest Firefox on my machine and one of the websites I frequent does not work properly.

Looks like I'm staying with IE6 for a while longer.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I just installed IE8 at work, only played with it a little today. I didn't notice any performance diff.

I may install it at home where i use it more.

On Edit: I installed it last night, so far so good, no issues, and no noticable diff in speed...
    May the FORCE be with you!