Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,896
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    A greyhound would almost certainly out-accelerate an H3.

    Probably sustain a higher top speed, too. :D
    :D:D:D
    Even my little Tiny could have outrun a Hummer when she was 13 and with heart problems. Sadly, she's gone to that greyt greyhound resting place in the sky.

    I think my son's Dodge Caravan van could probably outrun that Hummer. Well, not now, it's currently sitting in a grocery store parking lot, waiting for the tow truck. Seems the engine just happened to fail. The scummy car dealer had concealed that it had been in an accident before it was purchased (messed with the Car-fax report). but it was 2 years ago, so too late to go back on them.

    I'm not a fan of Chrysler products.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    TANSTAAFL. asdf2231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The greatest country on Earth.
    Posts
    2,619
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    LOL!!! Do you still have that image somewhere???
    I had to search for the chopper pic:


    Theres always this though:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,517
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    OMG!!! I love the Hummer 3. And they have the base model on sale for only $24K!!!
    :D
    Go for it, but hold out for a better deal. They'll be paying YOU to take one, soon.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,845
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Go for it, but hold out for a better deal. They'll be paying YOU to take one, soon.
    :D:D:D

    Soon I'll be able to upgrade to the H2 without a price increase!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,845
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    I had to search for the chopper pic:


    Theres always this though:
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's the one. :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    I approve of the H3 Hummer. With the smaller engine, it should get around 15mpg. The way I drive my 350z that's about all I get. You should be able to get a new one dirt cheap because those suckers are not selling. Wait another 6 months (winter) and the price will go down even more. However, there is one catch to my approval of your purchase, and that is you have to buy SLW a new or certified BMW or Audi station wagon.
    Go for it!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,896
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I approve of the H3 Hummer. With the smaller engine, it should get around 15mpg. The way I drive my 350z that's about all I get. You should be able to get a new one dirt cheap because those suckers are not selling. Wait another 6 months (winter) and the price will go down even more. However, there is one catch to my approval of your purchase, and that is you have to buy SLW a new or certified BMW or Audi station wagon.
    Go for it!
    Thank you, Lacarnut, you are a true friend. :D I made sure to read this post to him out loud.
    Wonder if that VW Passat wagon is any good? The new 5 series wagons are way too expensive. Guess I'll just get the old one tuned up again. It's got over 117k miles on it now.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Thank you, Lacarnut, you are a true friend. :D I made sure to read this post to him out loud.
    Wonder if that VW Passat wagon is any good? The new 5 series wagons are way too expensive. Guess I'll just get the old one tuned up again. It's got over 117k miles on it now.
    I think the 328 series is much cheaper. I have seen new ones wagons on Ebay in the mid 30's range. You give up to quickly. Think new car for your anniversary.

    I was tempted to look into buying a new 335 Sedan off of Ebay but the sticking point was the trade in. Besides, my 5 year old car runs perfectly and only has 40k miles.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    There was a Hummer Club meetup this weekend where I was hiking. I gotta say, I could possibly get addicted to off-roading in something like that. This summer I'll be taking an off-roading trip in a Hummer in Moab. I can't wait!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Senior Member newshutr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    A greyhound would almost certainly out-accelerate an H3.

    Probably sustain a higher top speed, too. :D
    Yeah but in a head on situation, my money is on the H3....
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •