Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Be careful with guns, you are liable to shoot your eye out.
    Yeah Airsoft hurts! :p
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt

2. #12 For The Time Being... 
    Post general firearms threads in the Lounge. If the subject is social and contentious - post in GD. If the subject is political - post in Politics.

Hopefully the Gun Forums will be restored soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I got busted this weekend big time. I had to move all the guns out of the gunroom to make way for new carpet tomorrow. I had to empty the gun safe.

I made the mistake of stacking them all in the same place and my wife saw them. She said she didn't believe I had so many. She was shocked. I am busted. I was hoping to get another M-1 Garand soon but I will play hell using family funds for guns for awhile.

At least I spread the cans of ammo around so she doesn't know how much I have.
    LOL Gator, I have been on my husband cause I want him to buy MORE guns & ammo. Lost count on how many we have. Cant ever have too many??

I got a feeling any "military style" rifles or "high capacity" handguns (per gun banners definitions) and ammo will all realize better retnoru n investment from right now to next year this time than the stock market.

I intend to order another 10-20 K rounds in various calibers. Oh, and magazines like those 100 round drums will go up. Well hell, I got a LOT of money not in the market right now might as well invest it somewhere :D

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I love guns. :D

I'm partial to single action revolvers.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I love guns. :D
    I'm partial to single action revolvers.
    I'm trying to get the wife to a range so that she can overcome her fear of guns (she's a Brit). She intellectually understands the need to have them, but she's never been around them and isn't comfortable handling them. I want to pick up a Ruger .22 target pistol to familiarize her and eventually get my daughters shooting, but that's going to be a longterm project.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I'm trying to get the wife to a range so that she can overcome her fear of guns (she's a Brit). She intellectually understands the need to have them, but she's never been around them and isn't comfortable handling them. I want to pick up a Ruger .22 target pistol to familiarize her and eventually get my daughters shooting, but that's going to be a longterm project.
    Amateurs tend to be the best students. Their very teachable and don't come with all the bad habits.....so they say.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia

That's a good start with a .22. I started my wife on a Ruger Single Six in .22 and now she'll blast away with just about any caliber.

It's all in how you start. The current crop of Ruger .22 semi-autos is really nice.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Those are a great little pistol for beginners aren't they? I'm building my wife a target AR now. Fortunately I bought all the bits and pieces many months ago and I've been too busy to assemble it. Be careful you might create a "gun nut" and you know it's expensive enough with only one in the house.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    Those are a great little pistol for beginners aren't they? I'm building my wife a target AR now. Fortunately I bought all the bits and pieces many months ago and I've been too busy to assemble it. Be careful you might create a "gun nut" and you know it's expensive enough with only one in the house.
    I'll be happy to know that she can protect herself and the girls when I'm away.
    We have a Small Arms Readiness Group team attached to us to train the incoming units, and those guys are amazing (several of them wear President's Hundred tabs for rifle or pistol). I'm working with them to set up a family range one of these weekends between BCT deployments. Unfortunately, FT Hood's ranges aren't really conducive to anything other than the army's qualification standards, but they are free.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!