Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    And Christian books still far outsell atheist books....
    ...by a wide margin.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    I don't know... I hate to give your side hints (just kidding) but I think the problem with the Christian Book Expo was the limited scope. An expo featuring writers from a wide array of Christian denominations would have been much more of a draw than what was offered... which was an expo of evangelical writers. How dreary. Then again, asking evangelicals to share a tent with Catholics may be asking too much.

I share my bed and my home with a Catholic. Why is that such a big deal. You seem to have a skewed view of the majority of Christians.
    Last edited by Constitutionally Speaking; 03-27-2009 at 12:59 PM.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My church has a bookstore, and they sell a variety of books by different authors-even though it's a liberal church, the store sells books by TD Jakes and Joel Osteen, who are not exactly liberals, and they sell all the Unity publications and the trendy, new age books of the day. But they carry very little serious theology. They'll order it for you.

Family Bookstores, formerly Zondervan's Book Stores, sell a very limited selection of books, all of which are pretty much evangelical books.

It would be nice to find a store where I could buy books by Aquinas, More, Bonhoeffer, and TD Jakes. Oh, yeah, there is. It's called Borders.
    Log on to a local library web site and search for your author or title.If they haven't the book ask them to order it for you.Most big librarys have a book purchase fund they can use .

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I share my bed and my home with a Catholic. Why is that such a big deal. You seem to have a skewed view of the majority of Christians.
    A lot of evangelicals believe that the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Lots of atheists believe that they know what the Christian faith entails - doesn't make em right - your point?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

And a lot don't, so what is the point?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Those Zondervan stores are all over the place. I don't know how they turn a profit.
    There are independent book stores as well. We have a Christian book store here in town that is the size of a small warehouse and does a thriving business. I buy most of my theolgoical books from them. In fact they do so well that they opened a second one in the next county and it is doing just as good as the original.

A lot of people have an interest in spirituality and faith especially when times are tough. Why would they seek out atheistism in down times just be told that life is a big accident, unfair and totally pointless so just suck it up and wait to go back to the dust you came from.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

There are independent book stores as well. We have a Christian book store here in town that is the size of a small warehouse and does a thriving business. I buy most of my theolgoical books from them. In fact they do so well that they opened a second one in the next county and it is doing just as good as the original.

A lot of people have an interest in spirituality and faith especially when times are tough. Why would they seek out atheistism in down times just be told that life is a big accident, unfair and totally pointless so just suck it up and wait to go back to the dust you came from.
    Why? Why? Why do you keep playing with him. Do you normally enjoy beating your head against a wall? I bet you're one of those people who play the same song over and over and over.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Why? Why? Why do you keep playing with him. Do you normally enjoy beating your head against a wall? I bet you're one of those people who play the same song over and over and over.
    I'm sure if God had a head to bang and a wall to bang it on He'd have banged it over me. All I try to do is reflect the same patience that God had with me. Besides, we don't know who God will eventually call to Himself... It might even be Night Owl.

C. S. Lewis

The fact that atheism offers neither comfort nor solace is one of the reasons why I've embraced it.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas