Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I'm sure if God had a head to bang and a wall to bang it on He'd have banged it over me. All I try to do is reflect the same patience that God had with me. Besides, we don't know who God will eventually call to Himself... It might even be Night Owl.
    Even if I could be persuaded to believe that your god exists I wouldn't worship it.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

The Christian Book Expo was a first-of-its-kind event.
    Just to relate...the first baseball game had 2 people attend.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    There are independent book stores as well. We have a Christian book store here in town that is the size of a small warehouse and does a thriving business. I buy most of my theolgoical books from them. In fact they do so well that they opened a second one in the next county and it is doing just as good as the original.

A lot of people have an interest in spirituality and faith especially when times are tough. Why would they seek out atheistism in down times just be told that life is a big accident, unfair and totally pointless so just suck it up and wait to go back to the dust you came from.
    There are Christian book stores everywhere. We have one in every small town around here...and they seem to be doing fine, even today. It sounds like they didn't do enough advertising. We aren't that far from Dallas, and Mr Smith is an ordained minister, so I'm really surprised that he hadn't heard about this. The way we are with books, we'd probably have gone down. :p
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Even if I could be persuaded to believe that your god exists I wouldn't worship it.
    Yeah, we all thought that at one time. :D
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

The fact that atheism offers neither comfort nor solace is one of the reasons why I've embraced it.
    Jeez, dude, even crack whores and masochists get some kind of a charge out of their interests. Lighten up, it's not like you are going get atheism demerits for at least enjoying your empty, godless life. :p

The fact that atheism offers neither comfort nor solace is one of the reasons why I've embraced it.
    Which is truly a sad statement on you nature, whether you realize it or not. How do you respond to a belief system that provides not comfort? You attempt to poke holes in the beliefs of those who do find solace in their faith and when that doesn't work you mock them. Before you protest, your presence in the conversations prove this point.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

You act like you would have a choice if He called you. I said the same thing not so long ago but things changed. Your understanding of God is simplistic and your knowledge of His Word is even more so. Don't take that as criticism, mine was too before I came to believe. To get a glimpse of the true nature of my Heavenly Father is to have your eyes opened in the most unexpected and pleasant way. Until such a time, I will keep you in my prayers.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Your God doesn't offer a choice whether to believe in him or not?

(Tosses Bible over shoulder, "I know it's not in there", picks up copy of Baptist doctrine 101 add ons.)

What pages are we reading from in your doctrine. I know we're probably not reading the Bible.

Let me guess, Electivism, chapter eight, the section on predestination.

No, I do not view this stuff as actually Biblical at all.
    I wrote a book! Please come read and support it. No, it's not political.
    http://authonomy.com/books/43841/the...ost-and-found/

Allah is a god of peace! That's why all his followers want to commit mass murder.

Psalm 22:9
    Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you even at my mother’s breast.
    Jeremiah 1:5
    “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
    Matthew 24:22
    If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.
    Matthew 24:24
    For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.
    John 6:44
    “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
    Romans 8:28-30
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
    Ephesians 1:4-7
    For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.
    Ephesians 1:11-12
    In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 03-28-2009 at 07:35 AM.

C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Black Phoenix View Post
    Your God doesn't offer a choice whether to believe in him or not?

(Tosses Bible over shoulder, "I know it's not in there", picks up copy of Baptist doctrine 101 add ons.)

What pages are we reading from in your doctrine. I know we're probably not reading the Bible.

Let me guess, Electivism, chapter eight, the section on predestination.

No, I do not view this stuff as actually Biblical at all.
    As God lives outside the framework of time, all times are now to Him. He has known since before He made the universe exactly which people would answer His call. We all have free will, but the "elect" are those who will freely answer His call...and He knows every person that will. I believe you have to have the proper understanding of His relationship to TIME before you can grasp the fact that predestination and free will are both true.
    -
    -
    -