Thread: Accessories

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Accessories 
    Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Its not the kid that is the hassle, she's quite compact and well behaved actually, its all the other stuff that seems to accumulate around here.
    the toys, the books, the movies, the baby dolls...
    the rabbit
    then the carnie fish..apparently a limp wristed sissy girly girl throw is just the right throw necessary to hit the little glass bowl and win the goldfish at a carnival game..over and over again and I realize I purchased a bucket of FIFTY GOLF BALLS for her to throw. Standing behind her frantically drawing cutting motions across my neck, I got it down to three fish only in the little pet carrier tank sold to me by the carnie for only five dollars more (given away at the pet stores).
    One fish expired the first night...sweetie distracted her by having her take the dogs for a walk while I did the funeral service...
    One died a few weeks later, I distracted her and then looked her in the eye later when she noticed the missing fish and told her it got lonely and got out of the tank and ran away to its family while we were gone for the weekend.
    This leaves one carnie fish....one tough squinty eyed camel unfiltered, tattooed beer drinking 29 cent feeder gold fish..in the original pet carrier bowl. Oh no..we can't have that..sweetie came home from work friday with a fifty gallon tank with the complete set up! for a goldfish that is __________________ (actual size)
    of course, you know how this works, "he's lonely mama"
    what next? coyotes? rattle snakes? bobcats?
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Oh. I thought we were talking about shoes and jewelry.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Oh. I thought we were talking about shoes and jewelry.
    I wish
    i have to spend my money on fish and rabbit food :(

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    I wish
    I thought rabbits were food to you trailer trash.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    I wish
    Be glad it's only fish. When my kids were younger, the ex convinced them that they needed a "real" pet----a snake. We had a boa constrictor, which of course escaped from the large cage thingy. We couldn't find it for almost a week. I got very little sleep that week.

Then there was the African pancake tortoise, which would hibernate under my couch in the family room during the winter, on the hardwood floor. Won't go any further with it, but a lot of refinishing had to be done. Then there was the caiman. Thank God it didn't last too long. Those things can get as large as a gator. I wouldn't want a croc-like animal in the bathtub. :eek:

I could go on and on and on. I convinced them dogs were better, which made it a heck of a lot easier. I truly, like Bubba Clingon, "feel your pain". Hang in there. :D

i wish i were trailer trash..heck as a kid we aspired to trailer trash..trailer houses had FLOORS and INDOOR PLUMBING and Central heat and eeelectricty' ... so thank you..if I am passing off as trailer trash these days I've upgraded myself considerably
    however, yes, rabbits are food..tasty little furry food...but this one is her "bestest friend in the whole wide world" damn thing has a leash, I have to take the rabbit for a walk, which to my people would be like dragging a porkchop on a string behind me at the county fair..

oh the humiliation

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Be glad it's only fish. When my kids were younger, the ex convinced them that they needed a "real" pet----a snake. We had a boa constrictor, which of course escaped from the large cage thingy. We couldn't find it for almost a week. I got very little sleep that week.

Then there was the African pancake tortoise, which would hibernate under my couch in the family room during the winter, on the hardwood floor. Won't go any further with it, but a lot of refinishing had to be done. Then there was the caiman. Thank God it didn't last too long. Those things can get as large as a gator. I wouldn't want a croc-like animal in the bathtub. :eek:

I could go on and on and on. I convinced them dogs were better, which made it a heck of a lot easier. I truly, like Bubba Clingon, "feel your pain". Hang in there. :D
    you are my inspiration, as you survived, so shall I.
    sweetie has a python, and as a special request to me does not feed it in front of me and little bug..now after a year or so, he got a bit lax and she saw the little carrier box with "supper" in it..furry cute mickey's cousin supper...I had to explain (coward was at work) to her that it was not her new pet..it was Dude's dinner :(

Oh Jesus, that's just classic.:D
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

One of my wife's employees got her a "Show Betta" which we named Finn Mc Cool.

Bettas are great. No filters, no pumps, no hassle.

We just change the water once a week and give him a mirror to get pissed off at every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    One of my wife's employees got her a "Show Betta" which we named Finn Mc Cool.

Bettas are great. No filters, no pumps, no hassle.

We just change the water once a week and give him a mirror to get pissed off at every now and then.
    one of my staff got a beta tank for her office
    the first one we were all excited, we even named it
    second one we weren't that attached, but did name it and talk to it a bit, and when it committed suicide by jumping down the drain during its bath, thus pissing off our engineer..we felt a little sad
    number three we hardly knew him..no time to get attached
    this one..well I kinda feel bad but I just can't bring myself to bond...