Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Fox News' Bill O'Reilly boycotting Sean Penn films 
    Not sure if this really counts as a stupid liberal trick, but it has been on the Yahoo front page all day today, with the above headline, from one little line in the interview. It appears the purpose of the interview was celebrating his 100th straight month at the top of the cable news heap, but halfway through comes this little question and comment....

THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: ARE THERE ACTORS WHOSE POLITICAL OPINIONS DISTURB YOU SO MUCH YOU WON'T SEE THEIR MOVIES?

O'Reilly: Just Sean Penn
    and suddenly that's the head line.

Bill gets some face time from Yahoo linkage.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Hey, if Sean Penn plays Larry in the Three Stooges movie, I'm so walkin' across that pickett line.

The Stooges Rule.

I'm just sayin'.....
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

I wouldn't watch anything else with that prick in it. But, to see Moe - Benito Del Torro, bitch slap and poke his eyes, it might be worth it! ,

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I wouldn't watch anything else with that prick in it. But, to see Moe - Benito Del Torro, bitch slap and poke his eyes, it might be worth it! ,

True Dat. The Farley Brothers and the Stooges....man i can't wait.....:D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

I've been avoiding his movies for years but not because of politics. I have to say that the some actors have jumped on their soapboxes so often and so stridently that it's affected the way I view them in acting roles.

Sean Penn is an overrated actor. He was good in I Am Sam, but I really haven't been a big fan of his movies.

Bubba, go see the Stooges, then report back how disappointed you were. That way I can stay away from it. I just see that movie being garbage. Modern Hollywood can't capture the magic of our favorite shows. Have you seen The Dukes of Hazzard movie? How about Bewitched? Maybe The Addams Family? Beverly Hillbillies, Little Rascals, McHale's Navy, X Files, Mr. Bean? I think you get the point.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    I don't boycott actors because of politics. I see or don't see their movies based on whether I am interested in the story or think the actor is good at what he/she does. Usually I'm not particularly interested in Sean Penn, but I will say he was tremendous in Mystic River. I think that's the last film of his I've seen, and that was more than five years ago. No actor is going to make much of a fortune off of ticket sales to me. :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I don't boycott actors because of politics. I see or don't see their movies based on whether I am interested in the story or think the actor is good at what he/she does. Usually I'm not particularly interested in Sean Penn, but I will say he was tremendous in Mystic River. I think that's the last film of his I've seen, and that was more than five years ago. No actor is going to make much of a fortune off of ticket sales to me. :p
    That was the other one I was trying to remember. Pretty good movie, kinda drug along though.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    I thought it moved at the right pace for the drama it was - assuming "drug" is a southernism for "dragged"?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I thought it moved at the right pace for the drama it was - assuming "drug" is a southernism for "dragged"?
    That's exactly what it is.:D