Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Has anyone heard anything about this? 
    Ok my Grandpa told me today, that when he was a church last night one of the members got in front of the church and asked for prayer for the military, because Obama's crew is firing all the christian chaplains. Now this member is a high ranking officer in the national guard, he is currently stationed at fort hood in Killeen Tx. Now like I said I dont know if this is actually happening or if they are just in talks about it, but my Grandpa is very worried. I am very worried, we really need to find the truth to this, it is very scary. I am thinking about trying to call Hannity or Rush about this but I cant find actual rock hard evidence yet so I am afraid it may be shoved away. What do you guys think, and have you heard anything about this or close to it?

Sonnabend
    If this was happening it would be large scale news, and would have been reported long before this.

My guess is that it's rumour.

There is a chaplaincy corps in the Army , and it has a long tradition and history..anything like this would be all over the military news...I cant find anything even even remotely like this.

Power CUer
    Part of my job is to cover developments and changes all across DoD, and I see a lot of .mil publications the general public does not. I think I would have heard something about this, and I have not.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I think there have been a few dust-ups over Christian chaplains saying general purpose prayers in the name of Jesus Christ when they were supposed to go with the more generic "God" or "Lord" under certain circumstances. That's it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeatingpulse View Post
    Ok my Grandpa told me today, that when he was a church last night one of the members got in front of the church and asked for prayer for the military, because Obama's crew is firing all the christian chaplains. Now this member is a high ranking officer in the national guard, he is currently stationed at fort hood in Killeen Tx. Now like I said I dont know if this is actually happening or if they are just in talks about it, but my Grandpa is very worried. I am very worried, we really need to find the truth to this, it is very scary. I am thinking about trying to call Hannity or Rush about this but I cant find actual rock hard evidence yet so I am afraid it may be shoved away. What do you guys think, and have you heard anything about this or close to it?
    I'm at FT Hood and I haven't heard anything about this. I'll keep my ears open, but my gut feeling is that it's just a wild rumor, although with this administration, anything's possible.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    It's also possible that with this administration, people are more willing to believe wild rumors. :o
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It's also possible that with this administration, people are more willing to believe wild rumors. :o
    With any administration the opposing side will always believe the worse.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    That's exactly right, the DUmmies believed nutsy things during the last administration. It behooves us to check things out. :)

Power CUer
    Also remember what happens when we "play telephone"... pass a message along through several people. The OP heard it from Grandpa, who heard it from someone else. ...

Yeah, like I said I cant find anything either, I want to believe my Grandpa he is a smart man not easily fooled, he was a doctor, any way I just dont understand why a higher ranking officer would get up and say that in church. I mean I wasnt there so that is why I asked, I am not trying to start a conspiracy, I hate those sites that make you think everything is a conspiracy, I cant live that way. Anyway why lie in church that is my biggest concern, it has been done dont get me wrong, but what will it accomplish. Anyway I just wanted to try to verify it, cause I couldnt find hard evidence either. I did find the info about the generic prayers, and dont say in the name of Jesus, but that was 2005 and the Bush years, along with a more republican congress, so it makes me wonder, who is actually in charge, but I dont think of any of this being a conspiracy. Basically cause I posted this I dont want to get labeled one of those conspiracy guys that ya'll always talk bad about lol. Well I will keep my ear to the ground to and update you if I hear more. Thanks for the info.