Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 April Fools Day Wednesday 
    It's going to snow this afternoon and then we'll get really dumped on sometime Friday night. I guess I'll need something a little more protective than my wall o'water thingies for those pots.

TOTD: What foods do you enjoy today but disliked as child? What things did you love as a child but couldn't be paid to eat now?

I harbored deep suspicions about cauliflower (it looks like brains) and I hated peas but I like them both now. As a child, I always thought that one of the major perks of adulthood would be the ability to skip the cookie-making process and just eat the dough. The thought leaves me completely cold today. I taste enough of the dough to make sure it's okay but that's it. I've never even had a taste of any kind of "cookie dough" ice cream.

TOTD: One of the best examples of "Hated it as a kid, love it now" for me is pumpkin pie.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    It's going to snow this afternoon and then we'll get really dumped on sometime Friday night. I guess I'll need something a little more protective than my wall o'water thingies for those pots.

TOTD: What foods do you enjoy today but disliked as child? What things did you love as a child but couldn't be paid to eat now?

I harbored deep suspicions about cauliflower (it looks like brains) and I hated peas but I like them both now. As a child, I always thought that one of the major perks of adulthood would be the ability to skip the cookie-making process and just eat the dough. The thought leaves me completely cold today. I taste enough of the dough to make sure it's okay but that's it. I've never even had a taste of any kind of "cookie dough" ice cream.
    What ever happened to the april fool virus we were warned about ?It was suposed to be the doomsday bug for all ages.It would bring computers all over the world to chaos and ruin ?

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    TOTD:
    1. What foods do you enjoy today but disliked as child?
    2. What things did you love as a child but couldn't be paid to eat now?
    1. Snails. Beef that was at all pink.
    2. Chef Boy-Ar-Dee.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Then and now I cannot stomach rice pudding or tapioca, I gag!

Used to hate chili as a kid, now its almost my #1 Fav!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Power CUer
    Rice pudding is great, but those slimy "fish eyes" in tapioca..... urrrggghhhh.....
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Something I hated as a child but love now (and the list is huge) I'd have to say my favorite thing is acorn squash. Bake it with some butter and brown sugar and it's like candy! As for something that I loved as a kid and now the thought of eating it makes me sick there are two things, boloney (or bologna as Linda will eventually point out) and pickle juice (not together).
    Last edited by FlaGator; 04-01-2009 at 10:49 AM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Used to hate chili as a kid, now its almost my #1 Fav!
    Same here. As little as 3 or 4 years ago, I couldn't stand spicy food. Now I love to set my mouth on fire. Love Salsa, chilli, hot sauce. Go figure.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    What ever happened to the april fool virus we were warned about ?It was suposed to be the doomsday bug for all ages.It would bring computers all over the world to chaos and ruin ?
    See my Conficker thread in Tech. ;)

"What foods do you enjoy today but disliked as child?"

Broccolli, healthy cereals like Cheerios

"What things did you love as a child but couldn't be paid to eat now?"

Many of those sweet sugary cereals. I couldnt get enough of them way back then. Cant stand most of them today.

Trix, Fruit Loops, Sugar smacks, Fruity Pebbles, cocoa puffs, Captain Crunch, etc.

There are only a few I still like today: Lucky Charms, Franken Berry, Kellogs Corn Pops (back then it was known as "Sugar Pops")