1. #1 More Global Warming 
    I used that title just to jerk the chains of the warmists. In reality, we're getting a pretty typical spring snow storm:

I can hardly wait!

I froze my ass off this morning on my walk.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Quote Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
    I can hardly wait!

I froze my ass off this morning on my walk.
    Well, it took a while but it finally blew through. I can hardly wait until Friday. :(

Friday looks OK, it's Saturday when the new one blows it. At least that is what was on 9NEWS.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Quote Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
    Friday looks OK, it's Saturday when the new one blows it. At least that is what was on 9NEWS.
    Our models are still shaping up but it looked like it was going to start Friday night (at least the last time I looked). I'll watch it tomorrow and Friday. If it looks funny or really severe, I'll post here about it. The newsies just use NOAA feeds, we have telemetry for specific locations and our models are wicked good for narrow Front Range conditions. :D

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    [QUOTE=Gingersnap;126733]Our models are still shaping up but it looked like it was going to start Friday night (at least the last time I looked). I'll watch it tomorrow and Friday. If it looks funny or really severe, I'll post here about it. The newsies just use NOAA feeds, we have telemetry for specific locations and our models are wicked good for narrow Front Range conditions. :D[/QUOTE]"wicked good " is a contradiction in terms .How old did you say ?

" Front Range conditions" are the models you 'tweak' the most right ?Do you use real time continuous simulation or take 'snap shots' of the front?Also is your simulation driven by the Doppler Radar feeds ?

[QUOTE=megimoo;126738]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Our models are still shaping up but it looked like it was going to start Friday night (at least the last time I looked). I'll watch it tomorrow and Friday. If it looks funny or really severe, I'll post here about it. The newsies just use NOAA feeds, we have telemetry for specific locations and our models are wicked good for narrow Front Range conditions. :D[/QUOTE]"wicked good " is a contradiction in terms .How old did you say ?

" Front Range conditions" are the models you 'tweak' the most right ?Do you use real time continuous simulation or take 'snap shots' of the front?Also is your simulation driven by the Doppler Radar feeds ?
    Those are the most important in terms of meteorology. The weather affects pollutant formation and distribution and most of that is along the Front Range (and now the Western Slope). Yes, we use continuous data at most of the met stations. Sure, we use Doppler radar as well sat feeds. We use anything we can get our hands on.

Our advantage over NOAA is that we can get hyper-local. We can't do better than them in terms of forecasts but we can update current conditions and use historical patterns in highly local ranges much faster than they can. They can tell me what should happen in 12 hours, I (meaning all of us) can tell them what most probably will happen in 3 hours in a given locale.

A cheap, low cost thrill but still satisfying in a nerdy kind of way. :)

:mad:Long range models are showing snow on the horizon for the St. Louis metro area. It's freakin April...

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    :mad:Long range models are showing snow on the horizon for the St. Louis metro area. It's freakin April...
    We don't really get out of the Snow Zone until after Mother's Day. :(