Thread: What about McShame's treason in 1968?

Hybrid View

1. #1 What about McShame's treason in 1968? 
    votesomemore (1000+ posts) Mon Jun-30-08 04:33 AM
    Original message
    What about McShame's treason in 1968?
    In August of 1968, a program of severe torture began on McCain.<44> McCain was subjected to repeated beatings and rope bindings, at the same time as he was suffering from dysentery.<44> After four days, McCain made an anti-American propaganda "confession".<33> He has always felt that his statement was dishonorable,<45> but as he would later write, "I had learned what we all learned over there: Every man has his breaking point. I had reached mine."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_mccain

I've read here that we aren't supposed to attack his military service. He surrendered his military identity. The acts of treason were expunged, probably due to his father's position. Is that typical? What happened to other prisoners who gave up information.

I do feel some guilt even writing this. Is it a factor or should I look elsewhere for his failings. I'm afraid that something like this (painting him with shame) could be used against other current military personnel.

“The earth is what we all have in common.” .... Wendell Barry ..... Image
    Alert | Hide Thread | Recommend (1 vote) Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x6428761
    The poster would have offered his captors sexual favors as soon as they raised their voice.

I'd like to see this DUmmie go through what McCain went through. He'd surrender faster than a Frenchan, and that's saying a lot.
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

Are you serious. Have you seen McCain, AN ACTUAL HERO, try to wave. gee wonder why he has problems with raising his arms, OH Yeah, CHARLIE HUNG HIM FOR DAYS BY THEM. What a dumbass everyman can be.

Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    Are you serious. Have you seen McCain, AN ACTUAL HERO, try to wave. gee wonder why he has problems with raising his arms, OH Yeah, CHARLIE HUNG HIM FOR DAYS BY THEM. What a dumbass everyman can be.

I think you mean dumbass "Votesomemore"

Everyman is one of the good guys.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    I think you mean dumbass "Votesomemore"

Everyman is one of the good guys.
    Agreed. Everyman68 may be a democrat, but he is rational and sees the idiocy of the DUmmies.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Agreed. Everyman68 may be a democrat, but he is rational and sees the idiocy of the DUmmies.

Gotta love the name of the DUmmie that posted. "Votesomemore" because if you're a Democrat, voting once per election is never enough. :(

I find it absolutely repugnant that people who would not last a week of what John McCain went through, sit over a keyboard and look to denigrate an individual who could have left the confines of a prison camp with just one small acknowledge and be sent home. John McCain, as well as his fellow captives, deserve nothing but our unconditional support and admiration for what they honorably survived.

Personally, the Dems had better tread lightly on attacking McCain on his five year imprisonment as a POW. When the actual facts of his confinement are aired again and the brutal treatment McCain and others endured at the hands of the Communists, the contrast of Jane Fonda, the Chicago Seven, and John Kerry are equal game in the War of beliefs.................and William Ayres would make a very nice target of opportunity for examination of actual beliefs and practices on BHO.

I just wish that the dems decide to run with this as an issue. They will be buried if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    The purpose of this forum is to find the most seditious, traitorous, outrageous, or just plain stupid thread at the DUmp and post it here... The comments reflect the opinion of the poster not the sentences in quotes...

Quote Originally Posted by everyman68 View Post
    The poster would have offered his captors sexual favors as soon as they raised their voice.
    Ever since Wes Clark came on and said that merely being shot down during a war was not a qualification for president, others perceive permission to knock McCain's service in any way they wish.