Thread: I bought my last pack of smokes yesterday.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 I bought my last pack of smokes yesterday. 
    $5.64 for Marlboro Lights.:mad:

I don't have children, so I refuse to pay kids health care. I'm already paying for too many from income taxes. Happy, gub'ment? You win, I quit.

Please excuse my irritability for the next couple weeks. This pack will be gone today.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    $5.64 for Marlboro Lights.:mad:

I don't have children, so I refuse to pay kids health care. I'm already paying for too many from income taxes. Happy, gub'ment? You win, I quit.

Please excuse my irritability for the next couple weeks. This pack will be gone today.
    Good for you - don't give those greedy pigs one thin dime. ;)

Power CUer
    $5.64 a pack? Really? I think there are 20 cigarettes in a pack, right? So you're paying 28 cents per? Excuse the ignorance but I haven't bought cigarettes since the ONE year I smoked them, 1972.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    $5.64 a pack? Really? I think there are 20 cigarettes in a pack, right? So you're paying 28 cents per? Excuse the ignorance but I haven't bought cigarettes since the ONE year I smoked them, 1972.
    When I started smoking, about 8 years ago, they were $2.80. The increase is nearly all taxes. They added an additional 85 cents yesterday, to go along with the near dollar tax added last month.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    Well, it's a bad reason to do a good thing - quit. You'll be much better off. If I were you, I would try not to think what I've spent on those things over the years! :eek:
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Well, it's a bad reason to do a good thing - quit. You'll be much better off. If I were you, I would try not to think what I've spent on those things over the years! :eek:
    I've quit for 3 months here, 6 months there. Then someone pisses me off, and I have to go get a pack to keep from blowing up. I've been planning to quit, but this is a nice kickstart.:D

Power CUer
    What I don't understand is why you started in the first place.

What I don't understand is why you started in the first place.
    They went good with all the dope I was smoking at the time.:o

It would be a more palatable tax if the health care did not include illegals! However as a former life long smoker, I am glad that you quit. You will have no regrets, and you can take that money you would have spent on the noxious weed and invest it - in gold.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Quote Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
    It would be a more palatable tax if the health care did not include illegals! However as a former life long smoker, I am glad that you quit. You will have no regrets, and you can take that money you would have spent on the noxious weed and invest it - in gold.
    Or