Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vetwife View Post
    Clark was answering a question from Sheiffer. He was making an observation. I heard him say
    that McCain was his hero. He was proud of his service. He said getting shot down while serving was
    not a qualification for president. Good example. Gator served in the military honorably and I would dare say with the exception of being a POW...served just as gallantly as McCain. Is Gator qualified to be president because he served in the military?

This board is very hypocritical when it comes to dissing our men in uniform. Ya'll will diss Gator at the drop of a hat and are doing it to a 4 star General because he made an observation which hurt McCain's feelings.
    I have a problem with McCain 's lack of searching for other POW's while he constantly uses his military service just like Kerry did.

I don't think being a soldier or POW qualifies one for office nor does a community organizer. It's about the future and not about the past. Anyone want to run Gator for president..He did serve as a combat vet in Nam? HONORABLY. Credentials in the senate I would think and legislation is something that is debate worthy but not military service. It is honorable but it is not a qualification.
    That is a lousy example in my opinion. Gator has no experience in governmental service and Obama has very little either. McCains qualifications and policies trumps Obama's big time in the areas of the war on terror, military spending, defense, taxes, medical care, etc. That is why I will vote for him based on experience and policies. Military service has very little to do with my vote nor does race.

I will never vote for a black or white racist and I think Obama is one. If I am not mistaken, Obama and his anti-American wife talk about race all the time. They do all that shucking and jiving about their race.

I certainly do not have a problem with McCain touting his military experience. The difference is that Obama has none. Got it! BTW, Clark is a puppet of the Obama campaign and will be rewarded with a cabinet post if Obama wins. Do you understand that concept?

Goldwater
    I think they're attempting to make this point because Obama isn't running on a military background with experience in leading, he is running on being clean and hopeful and all that.

Both images are a tad smokey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    I think they're attempting to make this point because Obama isn't running on a military background with experience in leading, he is running on being clean and hopeful and all that.

Clark is trying to rub some glitter off of McCain's military service. Gen. Clark know that anything he can do to tarnish his image will be beneficial to Obama. Doing a hatchet job may backfire big time even though he is an ex- general and a sorry one in my opinion.

You say that Obama is clean and hopeful. I am too but I don't think that I meet the qualifications.

Andrea Mitchell tried to cover Clark's ass by saying if was a gaffe; also, the Barrack star distanced himself from this creeps remarks.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 07-01-2008 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vetwife View Post
    Clark was answering a question from Sheiffer. He was making an observation. I heard him say
    that McCain was his hero. He was proud of his service. He said getting shot down while serving was
    not a qualification for president. Good example. Gator served in the military honorably and I would dare say with the exception of being a POW...served just as gallantly as McCain. Is Gator qualified to be president because he served in the military?

This board is very hypocritical when it comes to dissing our men in uniform. Ya'll will diss Gator at the drop of a hat and are doing it to a 4 star General because he made an observation which hurt McCain's feelings.
    I have a problem with McCain 's lack of searching for other POW's while he constantly uses his military service just like Kerry did.

I don't think being a soldier or POW qualifies one for office nor does a community organizer. It's about the future and not about the past. Anyone want to run Gator for president..He did serve as a combat vet in Nam? HONORABLY. Credentials in the senate I would think and legislation is something that is debate worthy but not military service. It is honorable but it is not a qualification.
    Gator isn't running for office.

Obama is.

You really want to compare their records and tell us he has more experience than John McCain?

Because much as I find McCain an unideal candidate, he has shoes in his closet with more experience than Mr. Hope and change for a better tomorrow that isn't today because today will soon be the past and this election is all about the future.

And Wesley Clark should hang his head in shame for doing himself what he bitterly criticized people doing to John Kerry.

This was a despicable and disgusting act no matter how many straw men you stand up in front of it.

VETWIFE, the problem was in the telling. Clark is an unapologetic DIMocRAT. He was attempting to minimalize McCain's service simply because he knows Obama has Non, nada, zilch, zero. Obama cannot counter McCain in this manner and it was blatantly stupid of his campaign to attempt it. Clark could have been more adept and skilled in making his point but he blew it. He knows it, the Obama campaign knows it, the only ones who don't think so act like it's no big deal but they know it too.

Obama looks and acts exactly like the smug, conceited, arrogant, better-than-all-the-rest-of-us liberal that he is. I suspect he is bigoted, racist, elitist, and unprepared for the position he seeks. The evidence to support this suspicion has been all over the news.

McCain has evidence to back up his military service, period. So how does the Obama braintrust concoct a scheme whereby they claim a 30 year Senate member, war hero, and decorated (not "self-decorated") Naval Officer is less qualified to be Commander -In-Chief than the pencil neck from Illinois?

FYI, General Clark was not exactly admired by his troops. He was IMO, out of touch with reality and the day he retired the Armed services got instantly better. When he opens his mouth, even his family nod off.

BAD MOVE Obama, but thanks!:D

Weasley Clark was the commander of Fort Hood, when the Waco massacre happened.

The

Posse Comitatus

Act of 1878

:eek:

I wonder if Clark hurt his chances for VP. I was beginning to think that he would be Obama's choice as part of a way to appease Hillary supporters.

Yep he killed his chances for VP.

gator
    To me Obama making the choice not to serve in the military should be viewed as a negative. He was a chickenshit who didn't have enough respect for his country to do his duty, even for a couple of years.

To me McCain making the choice to serve in the military should be viewed as a positive. His service didn't prepare him for much of anything in politics but it indicates that he will put the needs of the nation before his own.

To me Clark's Left Wing views should be viewed as a negative. That trumps his military service and puts him in the same league as John Kerry. The league of traitors.

It is sad to see how Clark is playing the attack dog and Obama is denying everything. It part of a ploy to minimize McCain's obvious strength over Obama. Clark is being the fall guy whose job is to put doubt in the minds of swing voters. He will be rewarded if Obama wins.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post

Obama is using that Butt Wipe Clark to try and remove Mc Cains military record as an issue from the campaign .

By using Clark as a patsy he can deny any involvement and ,'Throw Clark under the bus' and sail away with clean hands having smeared MC Cain by proxy .

By doing Obama's will Clark has proven once again that he is a worthless political P.O.S !