Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Cloverfield - Suprisingly Good 
    I know, I know. This movie is like 6 months old. We went to rent a movie last night and my wife wanted to rent it. I tried to talk her out of it, but I really couldn't come up with anything better to rent (except, "let's watch Rambo again"). I sat down and expected to just bear it for an hour and a half or so. I never wanted to watch this movie, because I still suffer from BWS (Blair Witch Syndrome). The handheld camcorder thing scared me. Then someting happened..... this was a good movie. Once the monster attacked, there was no real lull in the pace. By the time it was over, I wanted more. I think it would be cool to make a sequel, or at least a different point of view of the same night. I noticed other people with camcorders and figure that would be the direction of a new film. All in all, it was a good watch.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    We had a couple review threads on this movie when it first came out. I decided to pass. I find myself doing that more often with new movies lately.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    We had a couple review threads on this movie when it first came out. I decided to pass. I find myself doing that more often with new movies lately.
    It's definately worth the watch.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    It's definately worth the watch.
    Oh, alright. I've never forgiven Ginger for that Silent Hill movie though. I hope you're right...for your sake.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Oh, alright. I've never forgiven Ginger for that Silent Hill movie though. I hope you're right...for your sake.:p
    Silent Hill sucked.

Cloverfield was a good movie, I think I read that there will be a Prequel. That was an unkllable monster, way bigger than Godzilla!
    Sient Hill was scary.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I know, I know. This movie is like 6 months old. We went to rent a movie last night and my wife wanted to rent it. I tried to talk her out of it, but I really couldn't come up with anything better to rent (except, "let's watch Rambo again"). I sat down and expected to just bear it for an hour and a half or so. I never wanted to watch this movie, because I still suffer from BWS (Blair Witch Syndrome). The handheld camcorder thing scared me. Then someting happened..... this was a good movie. Once the monster attacked, there was no real lull in the pace. By the time it was over, I wanted more. I think it would be cool to make a sequel, or at least a different point of view of the same night. I noticed other people with camcorders and figure that would be the direction of a new film. All in all, it was a good watch.
    I can recomend one that my daughter gave me as a gift."IN BRUGES ,"
    It's a strange film about two Irish "HIT Men' waiting in Belgium after a big 'Hit'for their next job !
    It's funny,sad and bloody !Collin Farrell,Brendon Gleeson and Ralph Fiennes !

I watched Invasion with Nicole Kidman last weekend. Pretty good. It's about these liberal "body snatchers" ending wars and making us live in perfect harmony. Plus Kidman was wearing a padded bra, her breasts were never that big (not even at the beginning af the film).

Goldwater
    Wow, Ginger recommended Silent Hill?

Sheesh...

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    I can recomend one that my daughter gave me as a gift."IN BRUGES ,"
    It's a strange film about two Irish "HIT Men' waiting in Belgium after a big 'Hit'for their next job !
    It's funny,sad and bloody !Collin Farrell,Brendon Gleeson and Ralph Fiennes !
    I've been wanting to see it. I'll have to check to see if it's on DVD yet. Netflix, here I come.