1. #1 Woman glues right eye shut 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    A woman is facing permanent damage to her sight after she mistook a bottle of toxic nail glue for eyedrops.

Paula Griffin, 29, squirted the hazardous liquid into her right eye by mistake after waking up with blurred vision. Her eye was glued shut for eight hours and was only prised open again when doctors cut off her lashes.(snip)"As soon as I squeezed it, I knew something was wrong."

"I managed to stop it hitting the centre of the eye, and doctors told me later that it saved me from permanent damage."It was agonising. It was burning so much it was my natural instinct to shut my eye."But as soon as I did, my eyelashes stuck fast together and I couldn't open my eye again."

Miss Griffin, who also runs her own fancy dress business, said: "I would hate people to think I'm just some dumb blonde, because I'm not."It was a nasty accident, and it could have happened to anyone but I won't be putting the bottles anywhere near each other again, that's for sure."

Dr Simon Bell, consultant in emergency medicine at Poole Hospital, said: "As long as the glue remains on the outside of the eye, the injury will be extremely painful but will only have superficial or cosmetic damage."
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ball-shut.html

Miss Griffin, who also runs her own fancy dress business, said: "I would hate people to think I'm just some dumb blonde, because I'm not."It was a nasty accident, and it could have happened to anyone but I won't be putting the bottles anywhere near each other again, that's for sure."
    Well, it couldn't have happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Well, it couldn't have happened to me.
    who the hell keeps superglue on their nightstand?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    who the hell keeps superglue on their nightstand?
    Show me one person who hasn't woke up in the middle of the night, remembering that they needed to glue together something that was broken. I mean, it's a must!!
    I'll add something signature worthy later...

I could have gone my whole life without knowing that something like that happened... I guess now we get a new warning on nail glue, "Warning do not use as eye drops."

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

If your right eye offends Thee, pluck it out.

Matthew 5:29
    These are not the good old days.