Thread: Woman glues right eye shut
#1 Woman glues right eye shut
04-03-2009, 04:07 PM
- Join Date
- Aug 2005
A woman is facing permanent damage to her sight after she mistook a bottle of toxic nail glue for eyedrops.
Paula Griffin, 29, squirted the hazardous liquid into her right eye by mistake after waking up with blurred vision. Her eye was glued shut for eight hours and was only prised open again when doctors cut off her lashes.(snip)"As soon as I squeezed it, I knew something was wrong."
"I managed to stop it hitting the centre of the eye, and doctors told me later that it saved me from permanent damage."It was agonising. It was burning so much it was my natural instinct to shut my eye."But as soon as I did, my eyelashes stuck fast together and I couldn't open my eye again."
Miss Griffin, who also runs her own fancy dress business, said: "I would hate people to think I'm just some dumb blonde, because I'm not."It was a nasty accident, and it could have happened to anyone but I won't be putting the bottles anywhere near each other again, that's for sure."
Dr Simon Bell, consultant in emergency medicine at Poole Hospital, said: "As long as the glue remains on the outside of the eye, the injury will be extremely painful but will only have superficial or cosmetic damage."
04-03-2009, 05:35 PMMiss Griffin, who also runs her own fancy dress business, said: "I would hate people to think I'm just some dumb blonde, because I'm not."It was a nasty accident, and it could have happened to anyone but I won't be putting the bottles anywhere near each other again, that's for sure."
- Join Date
- May 2006
04-04-2009, 08:16 PM
I could have gone my whole life without knowing that something like that happened... I guess now we get a new warning on nail glue, "Warning do not use as eye drops."Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
04-05-2009, 12:11 AM
If your right eye offends Thee, pluck it out.
Matthew 5:29These are not the good old days.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|