Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1 Are New York Jews A Target If Israel Strikes Iran? 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    The New York Police Department has prepared plans to beef up security at the city's synagogues and other Jewish sites amid escalating tensions between Israel and Iran, officials confirmed Friday.

    "The new Primeminister of Israel's Father lives in New Your City, what better target for the UN Arabs ?"

    Concerns that Muslim extremist groups might retaliate against civilians in New York City's Jewish community if Israel were to attack Iran's nuclear facilities prompted the NYPD to put together a response plan that includes deploying extra officers, including heavily armed "Hercules Teams", to synagogues, Jewish community centers and Israeli diplomatic offices. snip

    More than seven years after the Sept. 11 attacks, "we know that counterterrorism is now a permanent part of our mission," Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said at the briefing.

    Both U.S. and Israeli military commanders have said in recent weeks that Iran, an alleged sponsor of Hezbollah, is nearing nuclear capability.

    Israeli officials have long identified a nuclear-armed Iran as the most serious threat to the Jewish state. While not directly threatening to take out Iran's nuclear facilities, Israel has refused to rule out a military option.

    The tension has prompted the NYPD to "prepare for any retaliation that might happen within the region but more specifically in the West, and more specifically New York City," Silber said.

    Hoping to get a better understanding of terror tactics, the department sent a three-member Intelligence Division team headed by Assistant Commissioner Lawrence Sanchez to Argentina in 2008 to confer with authorities about two notorious attacks there.

    The first was the deadly 1992 bombing of the Israeli Embassy, which came after Israel assassinated a Hezbollah leader. The other was a 1994 community center bombing, purportedly organized by Mughniyeh, that occurred after Israel captured a Hezbollah leader in Lebanon.

    The detectives were struck by how the attacks occurred on the other side of the globe within weeks of possible provocation - a quick turnaround that suggested reconnaissance on South America's largest Jewish community had been done much earlier in anticipation it would come in handy later.

    The NYPD believes similar surveillance might have already occurred in New York.

    Officials cite the expulsion in 2004 of two security guards at Iran's UN mission for photographing city landmarks and other "sensitive sites" on at last two occasions.

    Several months earlier two Iranian citizens were questioned while taking video images of the subway tracks. The pair claimed diplomatic immunity and were never charged with any wrongdoing.


    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1076285.html
    Last edited by megimoo; 04-05-2009 at 03:31 PM.
     

  2. #2  
    gator
    Guest
    I would not ever want to see any American hurt in a terrorist attack on the US.

    However, if there is going to be an attack and somebody is destined to be hurt then maybe it would be justice for the ones that fund the pro Israel lobby to pay the price of the attack. They are the ones that feel smug whenever they send their political donations to a candidate that will sell his/her representation by promising to vote for pro Israel funding. Let them pay the price.

    It is not just the Jews in New York or elsewhere. It is the dumbass fundamental Christians that think they wonít go to Heaven unless they support the Israeli killing of Palestinian children as they mistakenly think the Lord wants. It is also the really stupid NeoCons who like the idea of fighting a billion Arabs and like the idea of perpetual war in the Middle East.

    Because of the heavily funded pro Israel lobby we are involved in the greatest foreign policy blunder in our history. The blunder of supplying weapons to the Israelis so they can kill Palestinians women and children. The blunder of guaranteeing the security of Israel and being involved in perpetual war in the Middle East as a consequence. The blunder of giving the Israelis our hard earned money at a time when we are running tremendous deficits. The blunder of pissing off a billion people so the Israelis can live well.

    It is time that we listened to our Founding Fathers instead those shits in America that fund the pro Israel lobby.

    I am personally getting tired of having to pay the price for the filthiness of the Pro Israel lobby.

    Our country has done a lot of dumb things in the last 232 years. Letting the pro Israel lobby dictate our national interest and foreign policy has been one the dumbest.

    When are we ever going to wise up? I donít think it will be very soon.
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,586
    Shouldn't the question be "Is New York at risk if Israel strikes Iran?". I really don't think terror attacks in NYC would differentiate between jews, christians or even muslims as victims. The goal would be to kill as many americans as possible, like on 9-11. Or, Iran may choose to retaliate directly against Israel and strike Jerusalem or Tel Aviv. Then, it would be Israeli jews who would be at risk, along with any palestineans in the area.


    New Yorkers, jewish or otherwise, still think that they are at the center of the world.
     

  4. #4  
    gator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Shouldn't the question be "Is New York at risk if Israel strikes Iran?". I really don't think terror attacks in NYC would differentiate between jews, christians or even muslims as victims. The goal would be to kill as many americans as possible, like on 9-11. Or, Iran may choose to retaliate directly against Israel and strike Jerusalem or Tel Aviv. Then, it would be Israeli jews who would be at risk, along with any palestineans in the area.


    New Yorkers, jewish or otherwise, still think that they are at the center of the world.
    That is the problem. If the time comes for payback a lot of innocent people will probably be hurt, just like on 911 and that is a shame.

    I know that the pro Israel lobby in this country will never be held accountable for their treachery to America and the damage they have done to this country but it is interesting to speculate.

    It is kind of like wishing that the only people to get hurt in the economic crisis are the union workers that are causing the businesses to go bankrupt and the people that went way over their heads to fund a house they couldn't afford.

    When some filthy asshole pro Israel supporter is willing to sell out America for Israel and sends his/her money to some sleazy politician that is willing to sell his/her representation for a buck then there is not much we can do about it but suffer the consequences.

    You can replace pro Israel supporter with Union puke and it works out about the same. The Israel supporter will sell out his country for another billion dollars to Israel and the Union guy will sell out his country for another vacation day a year.

    Nobody gives a shit about America anymore.
    Last edited by gator; 04-06-2009 at 02:54 PM.
     

  5. #5  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    That is the problem. If the time comes for payback a lot of innocent people will probably be hurt, just like on 911 and that is a shame.

    I know that the pro Israel lobby in this country will never be held accountable for their crimes and the damage they have done to this country but it is interesting to speculate.

    It is kind of like wishing that the only people to get hurt in the economic crisis are the union workers that are causing the businesses to go bankrupt and the people that went way over their heads to fund a house they couldn't afford.

    When some filthy asshole pro Israel supporter is willing to sell out America for Israel and sends his/her money to some sleazy politician that is willing to sell his/her representation for a buck then there is not much we can do about it but suffer the consequences.

    You can replace pro Israel supporter with Union puke and it works out about the same. The Israel supporter will sell out his country for another billion dollars to Israel and the Union guy will sell out his country for another vacation day a year.

    Nobody gives a shit about America anymore.
    That's not quite true.There are many in America who still love her deeply but most of them are slowing and getting older .The ones who hate America the way it is seems to be are the same gang of antiwar cowardly college freaks from the Viet Nam era now grown older and wealthier .Kerry and his ilk are a good example of the antiwar types. The San Francisco 'flower children ' are alive and well in the likes of Code Pink and Pelosi .

    They remember how they got their way and now use the same methods to try again .They still equate the Conservatives with the war along with the Nixon administration even though Kennedy who started the war and Johnson who dragged out the conflict were liberal .
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,586
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    That is the problem. If the time comes for payback a lot of innocent people will probably be hurt, just like on 911 and that is a shame.

    I know that the pro Israel lobby in this country will never be held accountable for their treachery to America and the damage they have done to this country but it is interesting to speculate.

    It is kind of like wishing that the only people to get hurt in the economic crisis are the union workers that are causing the businesses to go bankrupt and the people that went way over their heads to fund a house they couldn't afford.

    When some filthy asshole pro Israel supporter is willing to sell out America for Israel and sends his/her money to some sleazy politician that is willing to sell his/her representation for a buck then there is not much we can do about it but suffer the consequences.

    You can replace pro Israel supporter with Union puke and it works out about the same. The Israel supporter will sell out his country for another billion dollars to Israel and the Union guy will sell out his country for another vacation day a year.

    Nobody gives a shit about America anymore.

    I personally think that it was wrong to re-establish Israel after WWII, but now we're stuck with the bad decision. It boggles my mind that one can hold dual citizenship in both Israel and the USA, and vote in our elections when they are living in and plan to remain living in Israel.

    Israel is mostly our ally, but not always. They sent spies into our government, which shows that they are not as true of a friend as they'd like us to believe. Still, we have enemies in common with them and they have intelligence that can aid both countries in getting rid of threats. So we should maintain a positive relationship with them for those reasons. But I'm not of the Pro-Israeli lobby side of things, I don't support every action they take, and I wish that the Israelis and Palestineans would find a common cause and stop fighting over land that no one else in the whole world wants but them.
     

  7. #7  
    gator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I personally think that it was wrong to re-establish Israel after WWII, but now we're stuck with the bad decision. It boggles my mind that one can hold dual citizenship in both Israel and the USA, and vote in our elections when they are living in and plan to remain living in Israel.

    Israel is mostly our ally, but not always. They sent spies into our government, which shows that they are not as true of a friend as they'd like us to believe. Still, we have enemies in common with them and they have intelligence that can aid both countries in getting rid of threats. So we should maintain a positive relationship with them for those reasons. But I'm not of the Pro-Israeli lobby side of things, I don't support every action they take, and I wish that the Israelis and Palestineans would find a common cause and stop fighting over land that no one else in the whole world wants but them.
    I don't really care one way or another if Israel was established or not. I just don't want to pay for it. I really think it is immoral to give weapons to the goddamn Israelis and they turn around and use the weapons to kill Palestinians and to take land from them. That should make every decent American pissed off. Surely we are better than that.

    The only reason we have a common enemy is because we have allowed ourselves to be pulled into their war. We made that decision 41 years ago and we are still paying for it.

    The filthy pro Israel lobby loves to makes stupid statement like "Israel is our ally". The cost of having them as an ally is much too high. It cost us a lot of money and we wind up fighting their wars for them.

    The Arabs warned about intervening back in the 1970s by boycotting the oil but we were too stupid to listen to what they were telling us. It escalated from an oil embargo to killing Marines in Beirut to attacking our ships and then to attacking our cities. Now we have been pulled into fighting a war where thousands of our best have been killed in action.

    The goddamn Israelis get to live well and we pay the price. Our filthy politicians get their money and the pro Israeli lobby is happy when they see the flow of money and troops to the Middle East.
     

  8. #8  
    gator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    That's not quite true.There are many in America who still love her deeply but most of them are slowing and getting older .The ones who hate America the way it is seems to be are the same gang of antiwar cowardly college freaks from the Viet Nam era now grown older and wealthier .Kerry and his ilk are a good example of the antiwar types. The San Francisco 'flower children ' are alive and well in the likes of Code Pink and Pelosi .

    They remember how they got their way and now use the same methods to try again .They still equate the Conservatives with the war along with the Nixon administration even though Kennedy who started the war and Johnson who dragged out the conflict were liberal .
    I said "don't give a shit anymore". That is different than hating America.

    I don't think the unions and the pro Israel lobby hates America. Like I said, I think the unions are selling out America for one more day's vacation a year and the pro Israel lobby is selling out America for another dollar to be sent to their beloved Israel.

    As long as the pro Israel shits know that Israel is doing well they don't care about America. I call it disloyalty and treachery.
     

  9. #9  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,578

    Oh God more antisemitism from gator.
    Last edited by Lars1701a; 04-06-2009 at 08:44 PM.
     

  10. #10  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Gator pretty much pounced on this one. lol. Zero to biggoted asshole in just under 3 hours.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •