1. #1 "Priceless artwork" Pitched By Movers. Normal People Laugh. (Downer.) 
    Courtney Love's fury as removal man throws out her prized £8,000 ‘work of art’ with the rubbish
    By Caroline Graham
    Last updated at 10:05 PM on 04th April 2009

It's a mistake any of us could make. When removal men spotted a dead bird in a matchbox at Courtney Love’s house, they assumed it was junk and threw it out.

But the embryonic chick was an £8,000 artwork, and the widow of Nirvana singer Kurt Cobain is said to be ‘blazing mad’ at its loss. Insiders say she has thrown a ‘hissy fit’ and fired her assistant for failing to look after such a treasured possession.

The untitled artwork by fashionable British artist Polly Morgan – whose creations are much admired by Kate Moss and Damien Hirst – had been standing on a 6ft plinth in the corner of Ms Love’s bedroom.
    But during preparations for the move in Los Angeles, supervised by the assistant, the pedestal was packed ready for shipping to the new house. The chicklet, however, which was normally seen lying under a mini chandelier, was left sitting on a sideboard.

When the removal men came in to pack up the rest of Ms Love’s possessions, they spotted the chick and simply disposed of it.

‘Courtney is beside herself,’ said the source. ‘She’s been living in a hotel and entrusted her personal assistant to supervise her move from a rented house in Malibu to a big place up in the Hollywood Hills.
    ‘Courtney has a ton of stuff, everything from a huge vintage clothing collection to a massive doll’s house collection. She also has art everywhere, a lot of it modern.

‘She’s blazing mad and throwing a complete hissy fit because one of the removal men mistook her Polly Morgan for rubbish and threw it out with the trash. She’s fired the assistant and is going nuts because, to her, the work was priceless and irreplaceable.’

Daily Mail

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    What is it ,It looks like a dead baby bird in a match box ?

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    What is it ,It looks like a dead baby bird in a match box ?
    It is a dead baby bird in a mtachbox. That's the "art" part. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    It is a dead baby bird in a mtachbox. That's the "art" part. :p
    I can get her a mouse carcass in a empty chilli can real cheap as a replacement. I sure I can talk to my sources and get her one for about $7,000

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Courtney is a skank. She makes Yoko Ono look like a respectable rock widow, in comparison. Yoko may have no musical talent, but she knows how to invest money, so she is not totally worthless.

Only a total skank would buy a dead bird in a box and consider it art.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Only a total skank would buy a dead bird in a box and consider it art.
    Only a leftist looks at that crap and calls it art - and only a leftist would MAKE that and call it art.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Only a leftist looks at that crap and calls it art - and only a leftist would MAKE that and call it art.

Hey, I'm a center-leftist and I don't consider that art. Even "junk art" still has to do something to touch one's soul or intellect. A dead bird in a box is a dead bird in a box. There is gang graffiti in Detroit with more style and soul than that.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Hey, I'm a center-leftist and I don't consider that art. Even "junk art" still has to do something to touch one's soul or intellect. A dead bird in a box is a dead bird in a box. There is gang graffiti in Detroit with more style and soul than that.
    At least the graffiti is sometimes colorful!
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

what a society calls art is a clear sign of the state of that society.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.