Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thy are very fixated on class envy as well as their bread and circus's's's's.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    If the founding fathers knew what we would do with the nation, do you think they still would have revolted?

This is not an Obama attack, this is politics as a whole attack. Why would someone want to fight for something if they knew it would get fucked up anyway? We revolted and won our freedom from England only to turn around just over two hundred years later and emulate them? Why even bother fighting them, why lose so many lives if the end result would be to come full circle? Now we are overtaxed by our own government instead of another, is that really any better?

I'm not saying the founding fathers did the wrong thing. We are still the greatest nation on the planet, although not as great as we once were or should be. Just an interesting question to me.
    What I've read of the founding fathers (admittedly not nearly enough), I think they had a deep enough understanding of human nature to know that the system they created would get screwed up by people at some point. But they also knew that was not a good enough reason not to set an example of liberty and freedom for future people to follow, even if it was followed on the ashes of their original attempt. Demanding and encouraging free speech, as well as making sure the people had means to defend themselves are both strong indicators of this, IMHO.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    What I've read of the founding fathers (admittedly not nearly enough), I think they had a deep enough understanding of human nature to know that the system they created would get screwed up by people at some point. But they also knew that was not a good enough reason not to set an example of liberty and freedom for future people to follow, even if it was followed on the ashes of their original attempt. Demanding and encouraging free speech, as well as making sure the people had means to defend themselves are both strong indicators of this, IMHO.
    They also thought "We the People" would have the balls to physically run the hooligans out of the captiol when needed, about every 20 years or so.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    They also thought "We the People" would have the balls to physically run the hooligans out of the captiol when needed, about every 20 years or so.
    That's why I included the line about building on the ashes of their original nation. I hope it doesn't come to that, but sometimes you have to burn the field before you replant it.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!