Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Obama May Block Sun's Rays to End Global Warming 
    WASHINGTON — The president's new science adviser said Wednesday that global warming is so dire, the Obama administration is discussing radical technologies to cool Earth's air.

John Holdren told The Associated Press in his first interview since being confirmed last month that the idea of geoengineering the climate is being discussed.

One such extreme option includes shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere to reflect the sun's rays. Holdren said such an experimental measure would only be used as a last resort.

"It's got to be looked at," he said. "We don't have the luxury of taking any approach off the table."

link

This won't please Dennis Kucinich

Sonnabend

Sonnabend

I think I remember this from the Simpsons. The science advisor isn't named Mr. Burns by any chance?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I think I remember this from the Simpsons. The science advisor isn't named Mr. Burns by any chance?

Exactly what I was thinking. That was a classic, the "Who Shot Mr. Burns" story. He made the town's sun dial useless!

Banned
    You mean the Magic Negro is not going to wave his magic wand and make global warming go away.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Missed this thread before, but that was my initial reaction as well. ;)

As ever, life imitates art. :D

Do they have any idea what would happen if they did this? It would be similar to this: http://www.weathergraphics.com/wxsim/eclipse.htm

10. #10 Obama looks at climate engineering 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    WASHINGTON – The president's new science adviser said Wednesday that global warming is so dire, the Obama administration is discussing radical technologies to cool Earth's air.

John Holdren told The Associated Press in his first interview since being confirmed last month that the idea of geoengineering the climate is being discussed. One such extreme option includes shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere to reflect the sun's rays. Holdren said such an experimental measure would only be used as a last resort.

"It's got to be looked at," he said. "We don't have the luxury of taking any approach off the table."

Holdren outlined several "tipping points" involving global warming that could be fast approaching. Once such milestones are reached, such as complete loss of summer sea ice in the Arctic, it increases chances of "really intolerable consequences," he said.
    Twice in a half-hour interview, Holdren compared global warming to being "in a car with bad brakes driving toward a cliff in the fog."

At first, Holdren characterized the potential need to technologically tinker with the climate as just his personal view. However, he went on to say he has raised it in administration discussions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090408/...ence_adviser_2

Two Q.

1. How bad will O screw this up?

2. How many Trillions will this waste?
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009