1. #1 Thomas Sowell "Cocky Ignorance" article 
    Thomas Sowell does not disappoint. JC Watts might, but Thomas Sowell remains a true conservative. You've got to love his comments! :D

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ignorance.html

Cocky Ignorance

By Thomas Sowell

Now that Senator Barack Obama has become the Democrats' nominee for President of the United States, to the cheers of the media at home and abroad, he has written a letter to the Secretary of Defense, in a tone as if he is already President, addressing one of his subordinates.

The letter ends: "I look forward to your swift response."
    With wars going on in both Iraq and Afghanistan, a Secretary of Defense might have some other things to look after, before making a "swift response" to a political candidate.

Because of the widely publicized statistic that suicide rates among American troops have gone up, Senator Obama says he wants the Secretary of Defense to tell him, swiftly:
    snip
    Obama's arrogance gets to me big time. I admit that he more than annoys me, he frightens me. He's like a spoiled little bully making snide remarks about everything.

Here's another snippet from Sowell's article:

Does Senator Obama know how the rate of suicides or homicides among military veterans compares to the rate of suicides or homicides among their civilian counterparts? Do the facts matter to him, as compared to an opportunity to score political points?

Perhaps even more important, do the media even care whether Senator Obama knows what he is talking about? Or is the symbolism of "the first black President" paramount, even if that means a President with cocky ignorance at a time of national danger? The media have been crucial to Barack Obama's whole candidacy. His only achievements of national significance in his entire career have been media achievements and rhetorical achievements.

Perhaps his greatest achievement has been running as a candidate with an image wholly incompatible with what he has actually been doing for decades. This man who is now supposedly going to "unite" us has for years worked hand in glove, and contributed both his own money and the taxpayers' money, to people who have sought to divide us in the most crude demagogic ways.
    With all his expressed concern about the war in Iraq, he has not set foot in Iraq for more than two years-- including the very years when progress has been made against the terrorists there.
    You don't need to know the facts when you have cocky ignorance and the media behind you.
    Last edited by SaintLouieWoman; 06-30-2008 at 10:38 PM.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Here is another example of the same Cocky Arrogance ,He has it all sewn up!"

"He doesn't even pretend to be anything but an extreme left Maoist/Liberal beholding to the San Francisco Liberal set !"

Obama skips annual meeting of centrist Democrats

It helped launch the last Democratic president and has pushed and prodded every Democratic candidate since Bill Clinton to adopt its centrist positions on issues from budget discipline to welfare. But when the Democratic Leadership Council met over the weekend in the shadow of Barack Obama's Chicago headquarters, he didn't bother to stop by. Is it losing its clout? Its members hope not, sidestepping Obama's refusal to see them and politely urging him to consider their approaches. "We asked him," said Al From, the founder of the group. "I hope he'll listen to some of the ideas we've talked about."...

http://www.kansascity.com/445/story/685676.html

Ouch. Sowell nails it. Again.