Thread: Newts A Hoot

1. #1 Newts A Hoot 
    why has newt gingrich resurfaced as a voice for the republican party. when we really needed him he tucked his tail between his legs and ran home because of personnel problems. i put a lot of hope in him before and i don't want to get let down again.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    why has newt gingrich resurfaced as a voice for the republican party. when we really needed him he tucked his tail between his legs and ran home because of personnel problems. i put a lot of hope in him before and i don't want to get let down again.
    Newt needed to get out of the Public eye. The Democrats had successfully demonized him via their smear campaigns. The left has gained power by falsely accusing conservatives and using the press to keep these accusations on the front page. Of course the coverage suddenly stops when the target is exonerated (Ted Stevens will now disappear from most news coverage despite the highly unusual (but well deserved) criminal case against his prosecutors).

He is better off in a strategic and support role anyway.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Newt needed to get out of the Public eye. The Democrats had successfully demonized him via their smear campaigns. The left has gained power by falsely accusing conservatives and using the press to keep these accusations on the front page. Of course the coverage suddenly stops when the target is exonerated (Ted Stevens will now disappear from most news coverage despite the highly unusual (but well deserved) criminal case against his prosecutors).

He is better off in a strategic and support role anyway.
    why do the democrats when they are attacked for personel problems ride it out and defend themselves. there was no gun to his head . i felt he was inconvienenced. why to get back in the public eye did he choose to star with nancy palosi in her blockbuster global warming commercial.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    why do the democrats when they are attacked for personel problems ride it out and defend themselves. there was no gun to his head . i felt he was inconvienenced. why to get back in the public eye did he choose to star with nancy palosi in her blockbuster global warming commercial.
    I cannot say.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I cannot say.
    A politician can have no shame! They have to be able to look you in the eye and convince you the sky is purple with a straight face. You can't believe anything from them.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Banned
    Conservatives like Newt would rather cave in than fight. The attack dog media is another factor. I also think that they don't like to lower themselves to the Democratic level of down and dirty politics.

In today's STL liberal rag Post-Dispatch, there was a front page article on how the Dems have been investigated and fined by the FEC since the late 1990's. I don't recall a word of any of this in that filthy rag before the annointment of Obama and Pelosi and crew. Now they're saying it----after it's too late to do anything about it.

I still disagree with SR about getting that paper. I cancelled them years ago and took greyt pleasure in telling them I wouldn't take their paper if they gave it to me for free the rest of my life. I take a not-so-secret pleasure in seeing the nasty little paper get physically smaller. Now it looks like one of those suburban freebie papers that get tossed on the lawn. How the mighty Pulitzer paper has fallen.